Sunday, February 28, 2010

Any Birdy Home?

Happy Sunday! It's snowing here in Buffalo, NY, but I'm thinking Spring today! I love birdhouses, so when Kristin from Artful INKables sent me this set to work with, I was delighted!This is from the February release and it's called Any Birdy Home? There are three lovely birdhouses in this set that are a nice size, two sentiments, two flowers and a leaf. They are a nice rubber and stamp very nicely.

I decided to use the Color Throwdown colors of brown, pink, and olive. My olive is SU's Kiwi Kiss. It matched my dp from Urban Garden. The pink is Pink Pirouette. I seem to be working with all retired colors! The sketch is from SCS. I just thought it looked interesting and I flipped it to accommodate my image. It's hard to see, but the white mat and the pink and green pieces are all sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. The background of the main image was also swirled with some Close to Cocoa ink while still in the die. I LOVE this ribbon. It's not wired, but it bends really nicely into any shape you want. It's from American Crafts and I got it a while ago probably from AC Moore.
I finally used my Bow Easy to make the bow, too!

Well that's it for today. I'm at a baby shower for my dh's cousin's daughter, so no stamping for me this afternoon! :-(

The Think INK Tuesday challenge over on the AI blog is still going on until tomorrow. The challenge is to make something naughty or nice. Mine is obviously nice! You could win a grab bag of AI stamps for entering. Check it out here.

Thanks for stopping in today! Enjoy your Sunday, and have a great week!


Recipe
Stamps: Any Birdy Home? (AI)
Paper: Neenah white, chocolate chip, pink pirouette, Urban Garden dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, close to cocoa
Copic Markers: RV0000, 000, 10,21, 23; YG0000, 95, 97; E18, 37; W-3
Accessories: Nesties, tag die, diamond CB folder, ribbon, star dust stickles, Kaiser pearls, dimensionals

11 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Lisa, this card is gorgeous! I love your pink birdhouse & that big bow is perfect! Sending you warm wishes from Phoenix :)

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Lisa GORGEOUS!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW

Tracey Parrott said...

ribbon,colors, designer papers, stamps and coloring...perfection!

diane zechman said...

what a sweet image and sweet card!

Broni said...

Ack! This card is wonderful!! I LOVE the gingham ribbon! Thanks for playing the Throwdown with us!

Kristin Eberline said...

LISA!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card! This is so fresh and pretty. Your coloring is spectacular as always and the layout if fantastic! Love the staging also...perfect little birdhouse as the backdrop :)

Randee E said...

This card is REALLY beautiful. Love the colors and all the layers and the big bow of course :0)

Cheryl said...

How did I not comment on this before? I love, love, love the image! Great coloring and ribbon!

Michele Gross said...

I LOVE that bird house! So sweet :) That ribbon is delicious!! Really yummy card

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- that is a stunning card! You did a great job with that image!

Turnedgypsy said...

so cute. i am ready for spring too. great job. thanks for sharing. i like the sentiments

chriswooten57
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin