Monday, May 27, 2013

Fusion Card Challenge #8

Hi everyone!  I hope my US friends enjoyed a long Memorial Day weekend.  I was at my cabin and spent the weekend with some great friends and family!
 
The card I'm sharing today I colored on Saturday before I left, but didn't have time to finish it.  I wanted to enter the Papertrey Ink blog hop, but didn't get it done in time.  But I could still enter it in the Fusion Card Challenge!  I loved the photo this week.  It gave me a chance to use a couple of PTI stamp sets I have never used.
 
I just love these tulips!  I colored them with various RV, YR, BG, and YG copics.  This is a very large stamp and I hade to make the card 4.25 x 6.  It didn't leave much room for embellishments.  As it is, I used Sweet Threads dp from Basic Grey which is hard to see.  I managed to add a bow and some pearls in the corner.  I also added some sparkle with a sakura glitter pen.  Hard to see in the picture.
 
That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Spring Fillers, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper:  Neenah white, X-Press It Blender card, melon mambo, Sweet Threads (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  PTI ribbon, pearls, slot punch, Sakura glitter pen, dimensionals


Photobucket

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Lisa...absolutely stunning! I have been wanting a jar stamp...now it's a must!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous vase of flowers Lisa!
So glad you joined in the experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

Cheryl said...

This did turn out really well, Lisa!! I love the pinks and oranges and the way you fastened the bow on the card!

ps My flamingos are enjoying their new spot in the garden! TY

~amy~ said...

LOVE your coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion!

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers. So glad you joined us this week at Fusion.

Geri said...

Beautiful!!!

Elise said...

MY gawshhhhh! What a wonderfully colored and flawlessly created piece of GORGEOUSNESS! My mouth is watering and I'm compelled to go GARDEN! {Go, FIGURE!} How DELIGHTFUL! <3

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flower bouquet and fabulously coloured. Absolutely ADORE the ribbon treatment. Congrats on being an honorable mention!!

Darnell said...

Your card was a real standout in the thumbnails at Fusion, Lisa! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from your peers!!

Katherine Thayer said...

Your cards really gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin