Saturday, September 29, 2018

Just Us Girls #460 - Stripes

Hi friends!  It's Wild Card Week over at Just Us Girls and Angie chose to use stripes on our creations.  So many ways to use them!
 
I pulled out a few new stamps sets for this card.  I stamped the flower in black ink, then stamped it in aquatini and twilight inks.  The leaves were stamped in eucalyptus.  I die cut the flower and leaves with coordinating dies.  The striped background was stamped with the same twilight ink.  The flower was added with dimensionals and the leaves were glued right to the base.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added crystals.
 
I got my color combination from this week's Color Throwdown challenge.
 
You can see more inspiration from the JUGs design team and our September guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Floral Art (Altenew), Watercolor Background (Right at Home), Sketch Lotus Flowers (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, aquatini, eucalyptus, twilight (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle die (MFT), Floral Art dies (Altenew), crystals, dimensionals 


8 comments:

Julie B said...

Love the background arty stripes to your glorious bloom. Great minds with the colour, eh? :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent card - colors? check! stripes? check! fabulous coloring? check! :) I adore this card! I'm pinning it.

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful card - so pretty! Love those stripes!!!

Nancy said...

Love that bold background Lisa! Your card appears to be inspired by your amazing trip! Such a tropical feel to it!

Bobby said...

I love those wide irregular stripes, Lisa. The flower is such a great focal point.

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Great interpretation of these colours, Lisa! I love the way everything fits in harmonious balance with this beauty!

Ina G said...

What a stunning card Lisa. Love the background and that flower is really beautiful. Nice touch with the crystals.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is amazing! I love the choice of colors and that cool striped background. As always, the perfect addition and placement of the clear dots!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin