Monday, May 4, 2009

PMS Sneak Peek Day #3 and Monday Challenge

Well, this is day three of the PMS Sneak Peeks, but it's also the PMS Monday Challenge. So I combined the two! Kim issued the challenge this week...make a bookmark. Cool idea, Kim! I thought I would have had this done in no time, but I was busy this week and yesterday took some time to go to our cabin in the country. I hadn't been there since the fall, and my hubby and his friend have done so much to it since then...it's beautiful! They had it built by the Amish two years ago and have the inside almost completed! I love it there!

Anyway, I digress. While I was driving there (it's a one-hour drive), I was concocting this bookmark in my head! I came up with this catchy phrase when I decided to use this new image among the many that PMS is releasing on Thursday (they are ALL FABULOUS!). This is Bronto, a
Dustin Pike image. Isn't he cute? Can you just imagine all the fun things you could do with it for kids? Party invites, special birthdays, special awards, etc. So many possibilities! He's colored with copic markers and I gave him some freckles, glittered him up (of course), and glassed up his eyes with Crystal Effects. The phrase was generated on my computer.

I know my students would love this bookmark. They are always asking me for one whenever they pick up a new book. I always keep several on hand. Here is Bronto up close.


And here he is in all his glory, being used as he was intended...holding the place of a favorite book.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Remember that on Thursday, PMS is having their blog hop and release party. You can read about it on my blog here and on the PMS blog here. Thanks for stopping in today, and I hope to see your bookmark linked on the PMS blog. Stop in tomorrow for another sneak! I have a fab card to show you using two new images that are illustrated by a new artist to PMS...Lindsay Spencer. These images knocked my socks off when I saw them, and I know you'll fall in love with them! Have a great Monday and I hope to see you tomorrow!
Recipe
Stamps: Bronto (PMS)
Paper: Neenah white, tangerine tango, Washington Apple dp
Copic Markers: E37, 97; YR14; W-3
Accessories: Circle nesties, Sakura glitter pen, crystal effects

10 comments:

Tina said...

Cute, cute, cute!

diane zechman said...

very cute! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about projects while on the road. I think I probably drove Karen crazy on our way home from Buffalo trying to design my shoebox for Syracuse in my head. LOL. It was a bookmark too! I'll upload soon...my blog is not letting me upload right now...grrr.
Anyway, I love your bookmark! And I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled. The circle on top is so cute!

dawnmercedes said...

great kid bookmark!

Kim said...

What a great idea for kids - so cute!

Shaela said...

so adorable! love the dinos!

Christi Flores said...

How cute!! I love the colors!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - totally cute - Lisa!!!

Meli Palmer said...

Freckles! I love this :o)

Handmade by Odette said...

Oh I love this little project Lisa, think I'm gonna try one :).
HUgs,
Odette

Unknown said...

Lisa - GREAT bookmark - too cute. That new set looks like I may have to make it come live with me :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin