Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year and a New MTME Release!

Happy New Year everyone! Can you believe it's 2011? I know it sounds trivial, but seriously, where has the time gone? And where are you 70's and 80's? I miss you! LOL!!!

Enough of that! Today I have a fantastic project to share with you. My Time Made Easy is releasing a new stamp set and template today that I've gone completely gaga over! And I'm combining it with the Just Us Girls sketch challenge to boot! Here's the sketch.Kathryn gave us this great sketch to work with. Here's my project for My Time Made Easy using the new So Fortunate template and stamp set (same name). Beautiful, huh? The stamp set (created by Catherine Doucette) is chock full of Asian goodness! I'm not usually a fan of all things Asian, but I really do love this set. There are lots of fortune sayings that could be found in a fortune cookie. (We have a fortune cookie cut file called What's My Fortune, too!) And the digi papers designed by Kristin Bueter....just blew me away! The ones I used today are from the Fun and Fortune collection. Aren't those blossoms just beautiful?I used the JUGs sketch for the card. The paper was printed on hp Premium Choice Laser paper so it's a little more sturdy than regular computer paper and the colors are more vivid. I stamped the Geisha girl in Memento Expresso ink and colored her with copic markers. The blossoms the latern is hanging from is a partial image of a huge blossom branch in the set. The flowers inside the latern is another stamp that I colored with SU markers before stamping. There are three Chinese symbols and words in the set too. The template comes with decorative pieces to layer onto the template. I chose to use the Dressy Pink pattern for my box and the Blossoms pattern for the decorative pieces. The pink/blue/green/brown colors in this pattern is so pretty in person! I stamped the Good Fortune sentiment after the box was put together (don't do that!), and it didn't stamp correctly, so I stamped it on a piece of scrap and layered it with a brown scalloped oval. The base of the template was outfitted with a square scalloped nestie. The template is tied shut with brown twill ribbon. I actually had someone to give this card and box to. We went to our friends' house for New Year's Eve yesterday, and this went to my friend and hostess Tracy. Her birthday was in December so it was a dual gift. I purchased these Pampered by Nature natural soaps this year for little Christmas gifts (made by the wife of my hubby's co-worker) and Tracy got the Lavender Dreams scent. I also gave her the Pandora charm you can barely see in the photo. That was for her birthday.

You can see more of the MTME release by going to Lauren's blog. I also have links to the DT blogs below.



Also, stop by the JUGs blog to see the inspiration the DT has using the sketch! Fabulous stuff there!

Thanks so much for stopping in! I have a whole week of releases from MTME and Paper Makeup Stamps so make sure you stop by again!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! oh WOW!!! I just love this Lisa! The colors are awesome... aren't you just loving those papers? Great JUGs sketch too, can't wait to get crackin' on it. Happy New Year chickie :)

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!! I love the pink, blue and brown that you used throughout your project :0) Happy New Year!

Dawn Easton said...

So soft and pretty, Lisa! Love the papers! Happy New Year to you!

Tracy said...

The digi papers are amazing!! Love the colors and the template looks like another fun one. I wish you a blessed 2011!

AKiteFlier said...

WOW WOW WOW - I just love this Lisa and I cannot believe how often our minds go in the same direction, I used the same papers on mine too! BUT I love the "scene" you created on the card with the branch and the hanging lantern. WELL done! Hope your new year is filled with laughter, love, hugs, smiles and lots of good health! Happy New Year!

Cassie_lu said...

what a great set and the colors are so great with it. love the scene you created on the card.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh how pretty this is. I love it. Softy & elegant!! Happy New Year!

Monique said...

Happy New Year Lisa!! Love this color combo and how you have arranged all the stamped images with the hanging lantern, geisha girl and symbol... These papers are so pretty I have to make something with them lol..!!! Great work :)

Debbie said...

Oh so pretty in pink ... what an amazing set you've created, Lisa! Happy New Year :)

Anne Tussing said...

Such a great package and card combo!! The colors are terrific.

Carla S. said...

Your gift set is so beautiful, Lisa! I love the papers you used and the images you chose! Wonderful designs! Happy New Year!

Andrea M said...

Lisa, this is MAGNIFICENT!!! What a fabulous gift set using the MTME images and papers! Love the soft colors and the combination of patterns! This will relaly brighten someone's day!!! Great job!

Ha, Ha! Love that we used the same NY's graphic on our posts!!!! Best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011!

Kathryn B said...

Aaah Lisa this is simply beautiful! I'm thinking this stamp set along with the digi papers is going to be a must have! You have definetly showcased the MTME products perfectly! FABULOUS!

Dana Gustafson said...

Lisa! I am loving the different looks you gals are all getting from this new MTME set. The paper lantern is divine...especially under your capable copic hand!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin