Saturday, November 10, 2012

Just Us Girls #162 - Technique Challenge

Happy Saturday and Happy Veteran's Day weekend!  Remember to thank a Veteran! 
It's also time for a new challenge over at Just Us Girls Marisa chose a fabulous technique...making a wreath out of ribbon.  She found this great video tutorial that I had to watch a few times before mastering (sort of!) this technique.

I'm spending the weekend at a friend's chalet in a popular ski town here in Western NY and wanted to bring a little gift to thank her for putting us up (I think there will be 13 girls staying there!).  I purchased a wonderfully aromatic balsam candle and a pretty metal candleholder on a stand for the candle jar to sit in.  It just smells like the first day the Christmas tree is up in the house! 
I had this kraft gift bag that I decided to use and decorate with my ribbon wreath.  I cut chocolate and olive scallop circles and another plain one from a PTI pack (Fall Prints maybe?).  Then I hot glued the weath to the circles.

Here's a closeup of the wreath.  You can see the left side is a little looser that the right.  That's the beginning of the wreath and it got tighter as I went along!  It's not perfect, but it's handmade, right?  I think the ribbon was too silky.  I had to admit that I almost didn't try this because I thought it might be too difficult and time-consuming, but I was so wrong!  This took no time at all to create once I got the hang of it!  I tied the wreath together with the same ribbon and topped it off with a button tied with twine.   I think it looks cute!

You can see more beautiful wreaths on these blogs.
Thanks for stopping by today!  Have an enjoyable weekend!



Caroline said...

The bag is gorgeous love it. Caroline xxx

Maria Levine said...

What a wonderful idea to put the wreath on a bag! It looks magnificent! Great job Lisa!!

Andrea M said...

Lisa, your wreath is gorgeous!!! Love the two-toned ribbon. Love that you made it into a gift bag!

Lynn said...

Oh la the ribbon you used...this gift bag is gorgeous!!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin