Monday, March 4, 2013

My Time Made Easy - A Year in Review

Today the My Time Made Easy design team is posting their year in review projects.  I chose to use the A Box is a Box template.  I have a Christening to go to in a few weeks for my husband's cousin's adopted daughter.  I haven't seen her yet, but I hear she's cute, sweet, and super tiny!  I love this box because it has a cut-out in the lid.  The original template has a tree, leaf, flower, or snowflake to choose from, but you can use any cut file that you desire.  I wanted a cross for my gift box, so I purchased it from the Silhouette store.  It worked perfectly!  I edged the lid with a lacy trim that's a Martha Stewart punch.  The digital paper I'm using on this project is from Grammy's Pretty Patterns.

The pretty bow was made using the Bow Tied cut file.  I love that bow and the green polka dot paper!  I finished it off with a pretty heart button.

While I was in the Silhouette store, I realized I had some money on a gift card that I got when I purchased my Silhouette.  So I decided to purchase this card base.  I saw it on this blogpost today, and thought it would be accompany the box nicely.  The cross is the cut-out from the box.  I layered it onto the Cornice Trimmed Oval cut file, and added liquid pearls.  I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I stamped "Congratulations" from the Senitmental Occasions stamp set.


The entire team, including our four new members, is all posting today.  Stop by these blogs.
 


Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This is a beautiful box and sweet card. so feminine but the added green bow is just the right touch!

Lauren Meader said...

I love the cross idea. It really shows people you can do anything you want to add to the template. I thinks its stunning, and the card is too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin