Saturday, September 21, 2013

Just Us Girls #207 - Color Challenge

Happy Saturday!  What a crazy week at school!  It's only the second week of school and already I'm wiped out!  But I'm so glad it's Saturday because we have a new challenge over at Just Us Girls and I'm the hostess!  Loving these colors I chose this week and I hope you like them too!

I had to do something quick because I was running short on time, so what do you turn to when you need to get a quick card done?  Dies and washi tape!  I used Ruby Rose dies and stamp set with riding hood red and baked brown sugar inks.  Easy peasy!    I added some shimmer with a Wink of Stella pen on the flowers and leaves.  It doesn't show up well in the picture, but it's very shimmery in person.  I'm finally using up the many rolls of washi tape I own too!  The red one is a Martha Stewart one I've had for at least 2 years!  First time using it (of course!).   Some pearls finish off the card. 

I of course had to use a sketch!  I don't think I ever make a card without following some sketch or another!  This one is from Clean & Simple sketches (last week's sketch...I made this card before that challenge ended).  I've always loved their sketches and use them often.
 
So hop on over to the JUGs blog and the DT blogs to see what they've created.  Here are the links.
 
 
Also, don't forget Just Us Girls is looking to add to our design team.  Make sure you check out the blog for details!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Ruby Rose (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Vintage cream, kraft
Ink:  Baked brown sugar, riding hood red
Accessories:  Ruby Rose dies, Wink of Stella pen, pearls, corner rounder, washi tape, dimensionals

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Such a pretty card, Lisa! Love the washi tape and the flowers. Great colours!

Hannelie said...

Irresistible color palette Lisa!
Thanks so much... love your card too!

Lynn said...

Easy and peasy and absolutely awesome. You place every element on this card perfectly Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card - I really had fun with the colors this week!

Marisa said...

Great use of the colours and love the washi and those fabulosu flowers!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the flowers and your use of the washi tape. I haven't tried that yet. Will have to give it a try.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin