Saturday, December 13, 2014

Just Us Girls #271 - Trend Challenge

Happy Saturday!  We have a new Trend Challenge over at Just Us Girls.  This week, Maria has chosen a mixed media challenge.  Love these!
 
I love tags!  I don't know what it is about them, but I just love creating them!  I started this one with a manila tag.  I stamped the snowman and sentiment in Archival ink and overstamped the snowman in blue ink (hard to see...it's the halftone stamp).  Then I sponged red distress in on the other half of the tag.  Before it dried, I covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I then took more distress inks to age the tag.  I found these holiday buttons in my stash, but they were too bright so I added some distress inks to it to distress it a bit too.  Twine was added to the button and it was attached to the tag.  I chose a ribbon and burlap ribbon for the finishing touch.
 
You can see more inspiration from the design team on these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Halftone Christmas and Handwritten Holiday (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Manila tag
Ink:  Archival jet black, soft pool, festive berries, old paper, walnut stain
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, twine, ribbon, burlap ribbon, button


Photobucket

7 comments:

Gerrina said...

Love the tag; so cheerfull and full of movement! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that partial stenciling -- great tag!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Oh, I love your tag! The snowman stamp is so cute and I love the way you stenciled part of the tag. Lovely colors!

Ina said...

Simply stunning tag. Love all the different elements here.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is just darling, Lisa! I love the vintage look- great snowman, btw- and how you did half the tag in red and half the snowman. Awesome tag! Thrilled to be designing with the team this month!

sandie said...

such a fun tag-love the cute snow man x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love this vintage beauty! Great look using the distress inks to age your tag and the button.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin