Thursday, August 27, 2015

Time Out #38 - Reminder

Our current Time Out challenge is running for one more week.  This is the photo we are using as inspiration.
 
I saw this picture at Hobby Lobby and it gave me more inspiration for my card.
 
So this is what I ended up with.  I first sponged the navy stripes on white cardstock.  Then I die cut frames from white and navy cardstock.  I cut them about 1/3 of the way up and adhered the white frame on top and the navy frame on the bottom of the striped cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped in red ink, I popped up the red anchor, and added sequins.  I wasn't going to add the sequins cause this card looks more masculine, but I thought it needed something.  In hindsight, I wish I would have made the stripes lighter like in the Hobby Lobby photo to make the frame stand out more.  Oh well!
 
You can see more inspiration and can link up your card on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sailing By (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Paper:  Recollections white, night of navy, real red
Ink:  Chipped sapphire, real red
Accessories:  Anchor die (Paper Smooches), rectangle frames die (MFT), sequins, dimensionals


Photobucket

4 comments:

sandie said...

I love the way the picture also inspired you and such a creative way to use the block of colour at the bottom x

Anita in France said...

What a brilliant nautical take on both inspiration pictures, Lisa ... the bright red anchor really pops against those yummy bold navy stripes! Hugs, Anita :)

Lynn said...

Wow! Love the strength that the anchor portrays...and the gems/sequins are placed perfectly Lisa.

Shona Chambers said...

Don't use just love it when you get inspiration from something you see walking around...I get it all time and have lots of scribbled notes in my handbag of designs etc. People must think I'm nuts quickly drawing in the middle of a shop!! I think this is amazing and love the two-toned frame. It couldn't be any better!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin