Saturday, January 2, 2016

Just Us Girls #324 - Word Week

Hi everyone!  I hope your holidays were pleasant!  It was nice to have a blogging break, but it's great to be back!
 
This week is Word Week over at Just Us Girls, and the word is "Thank You".  Perfect for getting out those thank you cards for all the gifts received.
 
I received a great stamp and die set from my friend and fellow JUGs designer, Cheryl, so I decided to make a card with it.  The set is called Roses for You from Simon Says Stamp.   I purchased this Thanks Scallop Border die from SSS a little while ago, so I paired it with the roses set.  When I die cut the border, I cut it from the pattern paper and the white cardstock together.  I pieced them together when I made the card and inlaid the letters back in the die cut.  The roses were die cut, stamped, and colored with copics.  I added the hearts and coated them and the roses with Wink of Stella shimmer.
 
Since I die cut the cardstock and pattern paper together, I had this piece to make another card.  This time I layered just the pattern paper piece on the white base and die cut and stamped the heart from the same stamp set as I used in the above card.  I inlaid the white letters in the die cut then just added the stamped sentiment and enamel dots to finish it off.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our two guests from January, Vicki Parsons and Deepti Malik on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Roses for You (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, Plaid Patterns (MFT)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, copic markers
Accessories: Roses for You dies (SSS), Thanks Scallop Border die (SSS), various heart dies, enamel dots, Wink of Stella shimmer

 

Photobucket

12 comments:

sandie said...

Love how you used the DSP and thanks die, cool way to see the pattern through the die. Love the sketchy heart x

Cheryl said...

Love your cards, Lisa! That border die is terrific! How did I miss that? More shopping to do, I guess!
Anyway, both cards are gorgeous! Love the plaid paper, the hearts and the bit of sparkle!

Lynn said...

Love your cards Lisa. The border die gives such great movement to the cards. Happy new year!

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous card Lisa!! LOVE your papers and especially the inlay of the "thanks" word!! I just love plaids too! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your fun flowers go perfectly with the scalloped edge!

Chris Dring said...

Wow, two fabulous cards! Love the flowers, and that wavy border!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So cute! Both cards are adorable and I love how you didn't have any waste from die cutting the sentiment and layers. The inlaid letters look fantastic!

Nancy said...

I think these cards are fabulous Lisa! i love the DP and the the dots around the scalloped edge...so cute! Hope you had a great break....it's hard to go back isn't it!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both of these are adorable! I love the plaid, the curvy scallop border and your fun flowers! Beautiful cards!

Ina G said...

Love both cards. Great use of the negative cut outs. Love the little hearts and brads. Nice finish.

Gerrina said...

Great that you nade two cards with the same basics! Both look great; love how the pattern pieks trough on your first! Hugs, Gerrina

Deepti said...

I love how u combined the stamped images and that die with that gorgeous plaid patterned paper :) fabulous cards!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin