Sunday, June 26, 2016

Paper Players #301

Hi everyone!  I had a 1st birthday party to go to today and had to make a card.  I don't have many "kids" stamps, but I did have this one from WPlus 9 that I don't think I've ever used.  I saw the Paper Players sketch this morning and wanted to use it.  I did tweak it a bit. 
 
I started with a piece of watercolor cardstock and masked off a rectangle in the center of it.  Then I sponged broken china distress ink on it and spattered it with water.  The giraffe, balloon, and birds were stamped and die cut from white cardstock and colored with copic markers.  I mounted the giraffe and balloon on fun foam and added Spectrum Noir shimmer on them.  This panel was mounted on yellow cardstock then on the white card base. 
 
Here's the sketch from Paper Players this week.
 
That's it for today!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Party Animal (WPlus9)
Paper:  Recollections white, Masters Touch watercolor paper, summer sun
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, broken china distress ink, broken china distress ink
Accessories:  Party Animal dies (WPlus9), Trio Banner die (WPlus9), Spectrum Noir sparkle pen, fun foam

Photobucket

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Such an adorable card! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Nance Leedy said...

Sweet little details, fabulous coloring and I love the watercolor background! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweet, sweet card, Lisa!! I can't believe I haven't been to visit you in a long time! I always adore what you do and who wouldn't adore this?! Thanks for playing with us!

Gerrina said...

This one looks so sweet and totally perfect for a first birthday! Hugs, Gerrina

Cheryl said...

Lisa, this is so cute! Love that stamp set (and have yet to use it!) The blue and yellow are such happy colors and the sketch is very clear in your creation! Great coloring! This is one terrific card!
Enjoy these lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is SUCH a great card! I just love it!!! :-) I have this set and love this inspiration! :-)
Hugs
Mandy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin