Saturday, August 6, 2016

Just Us Girls #355 - Word Week

Hi friends!  There's a great challenge over at Just Us Girls this week.  It's Word Week and Sharyn chose the word "water".
 
I recently purchased three of these color layering stamp sets from Hero Arts and one of them was this goldfish set.  I was kind of bummed because I thought I had the dies for this set, but I guess I didn't!  It must have been sold out when I bought the stamp set.  You better believe they are on my next craft purchase!  I'm so spoiled with these dies lately!  So I had to change my design plans.  I decided to do some masking.  I stamped the fish using the Mini Misti and then masked them.  I also masked off the center portion of the panel and sponged some distress inks.  I spattered some water on it to make it look more like water.  Those orange and yellow dots are Nuvo Crystal Drops.  There's some shimmer on the fish too.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our new guest for August, Colleen Foelker, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Color Layering - Goldfish (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Melon, coral reef, duckling, sunshine (SSS), broken china, cracked pistachio distress inks
Accessories:  Nuvo crystal drops, Spectrum Noir crystal clear, fun foam, masking paper, Mini Misti

Photobucket

7 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! I love your card! Those goldfish are awesome as is your watery background!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Loving the centered masked panel -- great fish too

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! I love your watery background and those fun fish...great colors!

Ina G said...

Love the watery background and those fish are so cute and colourful.

Bobby said...

I know what you mean about dies, Lisa, but you did a fantastic job of masking and your water is wonderful.

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute card, LOVE those fishes. I think I saw Jennifer use them in a video and had to have them. Never ended up buying them, but I really like them. You have used them perfectly here, great design and great take on the challenge.

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a terrific card. The beautiful colourful fish are scene stealers and the coloured bubbles add something very special. Thanks for sharing your card, it's delightful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin