Saturday, February 17, 2018

Just Us Girls #428 - Color Week

We have a really pretty color challenge going on over at Just Us Girls.  Turquoise, berry, and kraft...lovely!
 
I used this really cool stamp from Concord & 9th and stamped it with the turquoise ink then filled in the flowers with berry and kraft inks.  On the tips of the big flowers, I stamped off the berry color before stamping it on the flower to get a lighter color.  I mounted this piece of kraft paper and added the embossed sentiment on berry paper and the sequins.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and February guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Blooms Fill-in (C & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, kraft, bravo burgundy
Ink:  All That Jazz and Peppermint Scrub (C. Pooler), kraft (MFT), Versamark
Accessories:  Wonky stitches die (Avery Elle), white ep, sequins, dimensional tape 


11 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Wow, Lisa, this is amazing! I have that set and have been struggling to get it to look right. You did a perfect job on this....every detail is stunning including the placement of sequins. You have inspired me to get the set back out and try again! GORGEOUS!!

Bobby said...

I thought of using this set for the challenge, Lisa. You got such great coverage with your turquoise which I find a little difficult. I do have 6 panels stamped in different colors so they will show up sometime. The two-toned berry colors and kraft worked beautifully on the flowers. Love, love this card.

cm said...

WOW! One of the most beautiful showcases of this C9 set I've seen! The turquoise background works perfectly with the kraft/berry florals! I've been 'so good' about not bringing this set into my collection, but between you and Bobby, I'm rethinking that decision *grin*
Hugs~carol

Tenia Nelson said...

So gorgeous!!!

Nancy said...

WOW! This came out stunning! I will have to showcase it this Wednesday when I do a reminder on FB. A real eye catcher! Hope thing are improving with mom. I am in a similar boat with my dad. I feel your pain!

Judy Woodland said...

Wonderful card. I have that set, and it's no small feat to get it right. You have done it beautifully here.

Ina G said...

The way you have coloured those beautiful flowers is amazing Lisa. I'm afraid I am in the dark here as I haven't seen this one before. Stunning!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that coloring! Turned out really pretty

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

You totally aced the scheme with a gorgeous set. What a stunning lay down of colour, Lisa.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely fantastic Lisa. I had my eye on that stamp. I love what you did with it. And thank you for your comment on my TO card for my mom... I was touched by the connection we have with our mothers and dementia. So sad. I am a school librarian in a Pre-K - 8 private school. We seem to have some things in common. Hugs, Stephanie.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Pure perfection! I have really been trying to resist buying this stamp, but you are making it very difficult after seeing this beauty! Love the turquoise background with the flowers in the berry and kraft!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin