Saturday, March 17, 2018

Just Us Girls #432 - Color Week

☘☘Happy St. Patrick's Day!   This week over at Just Us Girls, Nancy chose one of my favorite color combinations for our Color Week challenge!  I just love blue and brown together!
 
First off, looking at this picture, I don't know why I used this Island Indigo cardstock instead of Tempting Turquoise!  It didn't look this different in person, but looking at it now I see the difference!  Sigh...
Anyway, I stamped this dahlia turnabout stamp with Catherine Pooler inks.  First with It's a Boy, then with Icing on the Cake, and last with Fiesta Blue.  I skipped stamping the fourth time and used the die instead so I could pop the panel up on some desert storm cardstock.  Then I layered that on the Island Indigo cardstock.  The sentiment was die cut with the same cardstock and layered together.  For some final finishes, I used spectrum noir shimmer on the die cut petals and added some clear sequins.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our March guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Dahlia (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, desert storm, island indigo
Ink:  It's a Boy, Fiesta Blue, Icing on the Cake (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Dahlia die (C&9th), Thick and Thin: Thanks (PTI), spectrum noir shimmer, crystals, dimensional tape


7 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful in these colors! Love how you used the die and layered onto the Desert Storm. I think the Island Indigo works perfectly on the layered sentiment making it stand out instead of blending in.

cm said...

From where I'm sitting, your palette choices are absolutely lovely! I've had this Dahlia set for a while...and it's still sitting, unopened! Seeing your beautiful card here is incentive to get it out for a play date soon!
Hugs~carol

Nancy said...

It's fabulous no matter what shade of blue/green you used! It totally works! Love the bold sentiment too! Enjoy your Sunday!

Ina G said...

Fabulous cas style card Lisa. Looks amazing with those colours. Super stamp and die here.

Macimbalo said...

Wow, I LOVE your card! And with this week's colors - it's so bright with a perfect layout!!!

Stef Perry said...

Love, love this card Lisa! That turnabout stamp in these colors is wonderful and I love the Desert Storm peeking through the die cut petals. Beautiful card!

Bobby said...

Using the die and popping the panel up over Desert Storm gives a lot of dimension to your lovely dahlia, Lisa.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin