Saturday, July 6, 2019

Just Us Girls #495 - Word Week

Hey friends!  It's Word Week over at Just Us Girls and Angie chose SMILE!
 
I got all mixed up with days of the week with the July 4th holiday being during the middle of the week, and at around 10:00 Friday evening I realized I didn't make a card for this challenge!  Thank goodness for inspiration from Altenew's packaging with their stamp sets!  I pretty much cased one of their examples on the packaging, changing up the colors.  This is one of their newer sets called Sunflower Daisy.  I just changed up the colors to match the Color Throwdown colors.  The flower actually looks like a gerbera daisy so I thought it was safe!  I stamped the flower in three shades of Catherine Pooler red inks and added black for the last layer.  The leaves were stamped in four different Altenew greens.  I stamped the sentiment and then die cut the main panel and black panel with stitched rectangle dies.  I mounted it on craft foam and added sequins and some shimmer to the center of the flower.  I love red, black and green on a card!  So striking!
 
Here is the link to the Color Throwdown challenge I'm entering.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for July, Emma, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome to JUGs for July Emma!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sunflower Daisy and Dahlia (Altenew)
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Ink:  C. Pooler: rouge, rockin' red, peppermint scrub, shea butter, tiara, sauna; Altenew: bamboo, parrot, olive, moss; Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle dies (MFT), sunflower daisy mask (Altenew), sequins, spectrum noir shimmer, craft foam 


10 comments:

Macimbalo said...

So gorgeous! I love your gorgeous flower "smile" card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so pretty with that big ole flower centered!

Susie Moore said...

What a beautiful card for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. Great job!!

Ina G said...

Love the beautiful variation of colours here Lisa. Gorgeous stamp and that black background adds so much to your card. Smiling here!

Broni said...

Awesome flower and awesome card!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow! This is such an awesome and striking card! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Bobby said...

Striking is right, Lisa. I love a bright red flower.

Nancy said...

Striking for sure and I peg you as a winner this week at CTD! Fabulous last minute creation!

Nora Noll said...

Oh that flower ROCKS!! I love the dark elements at the bottom and your matting. Such a lovely card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

You certainly work well under pressure! This is gorgeous! That flower is stamped perfectly is the shade of red!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin