Saturday, February 27, 2021

Just Us Girls #573 - Photo Week

Hi friends!  The new challenge over at Just Us Girls is our Photo Week challenge.  Sue chose this great photo.  Look at that beautiful sky!

I created this background with distress oxide inks in yellow, pink, blue, violet and black.  I blended the first four colors on white cardstock then blended black all over that.  I spattered water and then white paint on it.  I love the soft look of it.  I then added the sentiment and some sequins.  I spritzed the entire front with shimmer spritz which gave it that special sparkle.

I created another using plain old distress inks.  This gives a more bold look.  I used the same ink colors as the one above and the same finishing techniques.  Not sure which I like better!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our February guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Ink:  squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry, peacock feathers, wilted violet, black soot
Accessories:  stitched rectangle dies (MFT), scripty happy birthday die (SSS), copic opaque white, sequins, shimmer spritz


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful inspired card

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Both versions are gorgeous! I love how you splattered and spritzed those backgrounds for an amazing effect.

Bobby said...

How are your water splatters so perfectly round, Lisa? They look fabulous along with the paint splatters to give an ethereal snowy look to your card.

Celeste Goff said...

I love the background you created and how it really lets that big die cut sentiment take center stage!

Nancy said...

Such a great job with your background Lisa1 Love the added splatters!

Ina G said...

Sure is sparkly and shimmery Lisa.

Leslie said...

Both of your cards are just amazing! Love those distress ink backgrounds!

cm said...

Beautiful background for your birthday card; a wonderful take on the Northern Lights!
hugs~carol

Cécile RIBON said...

What a brilliant take on the northern light theme, Lisa. You did an amazing inking and blending job and I love that bold sentiment across the whole front panel.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin