Saturday, July 24, 2021

Just Us Girls #594 - Photo Week

 Hello everyone!  It's Photo Week over at Just Us Girls.  Nancy chose this nautical, red, white & blue photo.  Such great inspiration!

I had every intention of using an anchor as my main image, however you can see I changed my mind!  I was at my LCC the other day and the owner has a Buffalo section of papers, stamps, and such (I'm from Buffalo, NY).  The paper that jumped out at me has this design in the red and also blue all over the 12x12 paper.  I had to go with it!  I love our Buffalo Bills (hopefully we will be going to the Super Bowl this year and win this time!).  I shamelessly cased a card that was on display.  I cut out the red design, mounted it on a white stitched rectangle then mounted that on a blue polka dotted paper.  I added crystals for good measure!  Super simple, but it reminded me of one of the photos in the inspiration piece.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Buffalo Bills pattern paper, SU dotted pattern paper, recollections white
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle dies (MFT), crystals


5 comments:

Nancy said...

I smiled when I saw this card this morning Lisa! It is perfect! I don't love Tom Brady and I have never been a Tampa Bay Bucs fan. Although, I do love Drew Brees! Now that he is done, I guess I should just help you out and say...Go Bills! LOL

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to turn this die into a sports card! Well done

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is awesome! Love how you used the helmet as an O. Love that blue and white polka dot papers paired with the subtle text on the red paper. This is giving me ideas for hubby's card, but sadly he is a die hard Detroit Lions fan

Macimbalo said...

Great job and you made it a sports theme too! Love it!!!

Ina G said...

I am so glad you explained how this fabulous card was created Lisa. What a perfect way to show off your support for your favourite team. Hope you get to go to the Super Bowl and have a ball. Awesome take on our photo challenge.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin