Saturday, October 16, 2021

Just Us Girls #606 - Color Week

 Hello friends!  I'm the hostess over at Just Us Girls this week and chose this pretty color palette.  Hope you like it as much as I did!

I'm loving these stamp, die, and stencil sets from Pink Fresh as well as other companies, are you?  I like to color, but don't love it and I'm not as proficient as I would like, so these sets give me a look I love!  I love using Distress Oxide inks, as I did here, but find they are not always vivid in color.  You can see that here.  After blending the inks through the stencil, I stamped the line image, but it didn't come out as clear as I would like in some spots.  After stamping and stenciling, I die cut the pieces and added them to the turquoise pattern paper, leaving a place for the sentiment.  I added pearls and shimmer spray to finish it off.  

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our October guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Just a Hello Floral (Pink Fresh Studio)
Paper: Recollections white, Vintage Lemon Twist (Simple Stories)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black; squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, peeled paint, forrest moss
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), Just a Hello Floral stencils and die (PFS), pearls, shimmer


8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card - love the layout too. Great choice of colors for this challenge.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa...just fabulous... I wouldn't never have guessed it was stenciled and not colored. What a wonderful card!

Liz Williams said...

Love this layout and your pretty florals raying out from that center band. Great job on the coloring!

Nancy said...

Lisa, I am too in love with stenciling! Such a great alternative when you are short on time or like you say don't color that well like me...with a big punch! This card is gorgeous! Have a great week!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Gorgeous! I love those beautiful flowers with that sentiment across the middle on this awesome layout. So cool that is a stencil to color the flowers. Great choice of colors for us this week, too.

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Lisa. Love your layout and beautiful floral display. Super colour choice too. Of course I love a colour challenge!

Bobby said...

The flowers are beautiful, Lisa, and I love how you separated the image and stamped the sentiment between.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a delightful card, Lisa! This floral image is just gorgeous! Thanks for that lovely color palette this week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin