Saturday, March 26, 2022

JUGS #625 - Photo Week

Hello everyone!  This week Bobby chose this beautiful spring photo for the Just Us Girls Photo Week challenge.  So much inspiration!
 

I had to choose the birds for my inspiration and chose this layering set from Altenew.  I used three shades of yellow and two shades of blue to complete the bird.  I stamped the branch in black and colored it with copic markers.  I tried a couple of different things for the background and settled on this embossing folder from Sizzix.  I used one of those flat brushes from Pink & Main to add color to the embossed parts.  I stamped the sentiment, added the bird (which was die cut two more times and layered for dimension), the tree, and some blue crystals.  I matted the main panel onto a blue panel before adding it to the base.  I also added shimmer to the dark blue parts on the bird.  

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our March guest, JoAnn, on the JUGs blog.  This is JoAnn's last week with us and I'd like to thank her for creating such wonderful cards for our March challenges.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Bird of the Woods (Altenew)
Paper:  White, blue
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, lemon whip, sweet mustart, marigold, summer shower, blue jay, copic markers
Accessories:  Bird of the Woods dies (Altenew), Sizzix embossing folder, crystals, shimmer




10 comments:

Carol said...

Lisa, I love how you colored the details on the bird! Did you use Copics? The background is perfect to with color and texture! Love the addition of sparkle as well! Nice card!!!!!!!!

JoAnn said...

Your blue bird is so pretty and the background is too. Love your card. Thanks for the warm welcome as JUGS Guest Designer for March. I have enjoyed my time with all of you.

Lisa Elton said...

This is so bright and happy! The perfect spring card, Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the partial embossing and sponging -- frames gorgeous. Your bird is really fun too~

cm said...

Beautiful colouring of your star-of-the-stage bird, Lisa! Lovely card!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... love this birdie! So cheerful!

Bobby said...

Your card is fabulous, Lisa. I love that blue and yellow bird.

Nancy said...

Here you are bringing up the rear again. I love that your cards are generally at the end of our thread as it keeps the fabulous inspiration flowing. Your bird is just wonderful!

Ina G said...

OMGosh that bird is so beautifully coloured and so real loooking Lisa. Great choice of embossing folder and blended so nicely. Love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you colored that bird, stunning! The embossed and sponged background is so pretty and sunny. This is the total package!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin