Saturday, April 30, 2022

Just Us Girls #630 - Wild Card Week

Hi friends!  I'm the hostess at Just Us Girls this week and it happens to be our Wild Card week.  I can choose any challenge!  I settled on making a tri-fold card.

My friend, Cheryl, sent me a tri-fold card and I thought it was so clever and that is where I got the idea for this challenge.  My card is very much inspired by hers.

Here is the card closed.  I created the base by cutting a piece of fog card stock to 6" x 10.5" and scoring at 3.5" and 7".  This gives you the tri-fold card.  I then chose this Fly By stamp set and stamped, colored, and die cut the two flowers and the butterfly.  (I was very inspired by the Ukrainian colors when coloring the images with copic markers.)  Next, I die cut the larger window on the front panel, folded the card back up and figured where to die cut the second window.

I used a stencil and Unicorn white ink to stencil the fog card stock.  I love how it looks like silver.  I took the same two squares dies and taped them together and die cut a white frame to put around the inside window.

On the inside panel, I die cut a decorative panel using an older Spellbinders die and added clouds with a mini cloud stencil and blue ink.  I adhered the butterfly to it and stamped the trail and the sentiment (messed that up a bit).  Then I adhered the flowers to the middle panel and the front panel.  I also die cut the sentiment three times from white card stock and stacked them.  To give it some sparkle, I added star dust stickles to the flowers and butterfly and some crystals.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our April guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Fly By Friends and Birthday Buds (MFT)
Paper:  Fog, white
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, unicorn white, copic markers
Accessories:  Fly By Friends dies (MFT), square dies and decorative die (Spellbinders), birthday wishes die (Casual Fridays), just plaid  slimline stencil (C. Pooler), mini cloud stencil (MFT)



 

10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... such a wonderful welcome to spring! Yay!

Mac Mable said...

So creative and so very pretty Lisa x.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the gray and yellow, this is such a cute card! Thanks for the fun challenge this week, Lisa!

Carol said...

Lisa, I love your stenciled pattern for the background and the square peekaboo window!!! Really fun, spring card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun tri-fold!

Nancy said...

This is just as sweet as can be, Lisa! Love that your card has a peek-a-boo window too. I am going to have to pin this for a future card! Great challenge and thanks for pushing me to try something different.

cm said...

Lisa, your flowers and butterfly are so sweet; perfect images for your oh-so-pretty tri-fold! Fun challenge, for sure!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love everything about this tri-fold! The stenciling looks fabulous and I love the sweet images you used. That sentiment is so perfect on this fun card. Great choice for our challenge this week.

Ina G said...

This is just gorgeous Lisa. Love the fold bright colours and that fabulous stencilling. Thanks for taking us away from our usual card folds. Really loved playing with this challenge.

Bobby said...

I love how you turned yours into a window card, Lisa. The plaid looks wonderful and the inside sentiment is perfect.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin