Saturday, June 3, 2023

Just Us Girls #682 - Color Week

 Hi all!  Vicki is our hostess over at Just Us Girls for this week's Color Week challenge.  She has chosen a very unique color combination of blue, purple, and gray.  I loved it!

Last fall, I took up a new craft...quilting.  I fell in love with it and have made several quilts since then.  I was very lucky to have found someone to do the quilting (the finishing part of the quilt process where the top of the quilt I made is combined with the inside batting and the backing piece using a machine called a longarm) just 15 minutes away.  She is very talented at longarming, and did some amazing work on my quilts.  Well, it seems she is moving south and taking her longarm with her!  I'm so happy for her, but sad for me and her other customers.  

Anyway, long story short, I wanted to make a card for her to express my happiness for her next chapter in her life and my thanks for all she's done for me.  I pulled out this quilt die and die cut it from white card stock for the frame and three pattern papers in the challenge colors and created this pattern.  Just like a quilt!  The best part is that I can create two more cards with the left over pieces.  I covered the front of the card base with gray pattern paper and added the hello.  To finish it, I added crystals.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for June, TK, on the JUGs blog.
Welcome TK! We are so happy you are joining us this month!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, various pattern paper
Accessories: Quilt Square Coverup die (MFT), Hello die (Paper Smooches), crystals


10 comments:

Carol said...

I love the reason for your card except the part about her moving away. Great patterned papers that look like fabric, making the card look very realistic! Love it! I wish I knew of someone to quilt projects for me, but I need to get better at quilting before I pay for the finishing of them. (FOr now I stitch in the ditch) You should show us some of your quilts!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great quilted look - perfect for your moving friend!

Lisa Elton said...

You should make a real quilt in those colors, this is pretty! I have a neighbor with one of those gadgets. She makes some incredible quilts!

TK said...

I'll bet your quilts are as perfect as this card! Love the quilting card, it will bring such warm coziness to the recipient. The colors are perfect! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Nancy said...

Lisa, What a thoughtful card for your friend and quilter! Love the mix of patterns too! Good luck finding someone to replace her.

Bobby said...

Welcome to the world of quilting, Lisa. I have been making quilts for years and is one reason my blog title is Bits & Pieces. It's much less time consuming making one from paper but just as much fun picking out the 'fabric'. You did a great job with your paper choices.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... fabulous quilt!

Ina G said...

I always love the beauty of a quilt card and yours in just that Lisa. Stunning in this weeks lovely colours.

cm said...

The perfect card for your quilting lady, Lisa. She'll love it, as do I. Sad to hear that she's moving away; hopefully you'll be able find a talented quilt-finisher soon. I'd love to see photos of your finished quilts; I know they're beautiful!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This week's colors look beautiful on your quilt card! This would really be a beautiful, full-sized quilt. Your longarm friend is going to love this!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin