Saturday, July 22, 2023

Just Us Girls #689 - CAS Week

Hello friends!  Ina is our hostess this week over at Just Us Girls for our CAS Week challenge.  She has chosen for us to make a CAS card with three of something on it. 

I've been going through my box of crafty goodness from the Scrapbook.com card event from March that I still haven't gotten to!  It's so sad, but the stuff in there is so amazing!  I found this stamp, die, and paper pack from Scrapbook.com and it looked so cute I had to use it.  I die cut the strawberries using the die and the strawberry paper from the paper pack.  The tops were also die cut using a die and green paper from the same pack.  They were die cut two more times from white card stock and stacked for dimension.  I die cut the sentiment from black card stock three times and stacked it too.  I die cut the white panel and ran it through an impression plate for some texture (I hate a plain white panel!).  Then I die cut a piece of gingham pattern paper from the same paper pack using a stitched rectangle.  I stamped the secondary sentiment with black ink.  As I was posting this to the JUGs blog, I saw my friend Nancy also used strawberries on her card!  I did not see it before I did mine!  Great minds I guess! LOL!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Berry Sweet (Scrapbook.com)
Paper:  White, black, Berry Sweet pattern paper (Scrapbook.com)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Berry Sweet dies (Scrapbook.com), stitched rectangles (MFT), impression plate (PTI)


8 comments:

Carol said...

Lisa, your bold colors work so WELL on this design and the gingham pattern goes so well with strawberries!!! Great card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You and Nancy were on the same page. Love these strawberries

Nancy said...

Lisa, I adore your card and I think it's way cuter than mine. I think the black and white really was smart! The sweet is a perfect size die too!

Bobby said...

I love the black and white gingham with the red strawberries, Lisa, and how the black die cut sentiment pulls it out. Or vice versa. ;)

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way the berries pop on the black and white background! Scrumptious card, Lisa!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that black and white gingham framing those yummy strawberries! Beautiful! I love how the black and white really make those strawberries pop. Love how you did the sentiment, too.

Ina G said...

Such sweet yummy looking strawberries Lisa. Love the gingham background. Super three-fer.

cm said...

Lisa, your sentiment captures it all: your strawberries card is totally sweet!
I still have loads of products yet to use from last year's October Crop and Create! And the box for this year will be arriving soon. Best get a move-on with playing with the old (or at least taking stuff out of the box...yikes!).
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin