Saturday, August 16, 2008

Grand Soiree Inspiration

I just got my new SU stamps the other day and I've been excited about making a card with this Grand Soiree stamp. I've seen many of these chandelier stamps and love the look. So I used it for today's Inspiration Challenge. We were given a website for swimsuits and were to choose one as our inspiration. I chose this one. I always gravitate towards the brown colors and I just loved the way this is paired with the pink and green. So I started with PTI's Spring Moss as my base. Then I tried to find a dp that would work. I thought at first I would use SU's Au Chocolat and color in some of the designs with pink and burgundy, but that didn't work, so I found this Basic Grey Sugared dp which had all the colors in it I needed. Then I had trouble with the layout. I decided to use the three ribbons on an angle going across the card. I used SU's chocolate chip satin and pink taffeta ribbons and PTI's spring moss grosgrain ribbon all layered together and liked the look. I tried a few different things for the chandelier as well. I don't have many craft inks, but I did have Versacolor in brown. When I embossed it with clear ep, it looked copper and that didn't work. Then I stamped it in chocolate chip classic ink and quickly poured the ep over it. But it wasn't wet enough for the ep to stick to it, so I just stamped in in the chocolate chip and added crystal stickles to it. I'll have to get more craft inks! I think it would have looked much better embossed! This card did not look *finished* to me when I took the picture and originally posted it. It needed something, so I looked at the sentiment that comes with this set and it looked like it would fit in the corner. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to place it there. Then I pulled out my prima flowers (I just organized all of them by color and it's so much easier to see what I have!) and found a green and a pink one that matched nicely. I used the same pink crystals from K & Co. that I also placed in the corners. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Grand Soiree
Paper: Spring Moss and Vintage Cream, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Sugared
Ink: Chocolate chip
Accessories: Nestabilities, chocolate chip satin and pink taffeta ribbon (SU), spring moss grosgrain ribbon (PTI), K & Co. bling, crystal stickles, dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin