Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's Been Too Long.....

....since I last posted! It's a pity when work gets in the way! Well, I can't really blame it all on work. I spent last weekend at a hotel/spa near Rochester with three of my best friends. We had a really great time. We hung out at the spa on Saturday, went on a wine-tasting tour, had a great lobster dinner, watched "Sex and the City" in our room (the perfect movie to watch on a girls' weekend), and ended with a shopping spree at the local outlet mall. We had a great time and are already looking forward to the next one. We used to do this frequently in Toronto with a limousine as our transportation (we are in Buffalo, only an hour and a half from Toronto). Now with our dollar not as strong, we have to do stay in the states. Today we went to the Buffalo Bills game (Go Bills! We beat the Raiders with 3 seconds to go!) so the whole day was unavailable for stamping again!

Anyway, "stuff" has gotten in the way of my stamping! But I do have a few cards to share with you. The first two I prepared for my stamp class two weeks ago. This first one features the new Upsy Daisy stamp from SU and their new Parisian Summer dp. The base of the card is baroque burgundy and the scalloped piece is sahara sand. I originally stamped the image in baroque burgundy, but it didn't look right. So I used cranberry crisp (retired In Color) and it looked much better. I sponged sahara sand around the main very vanilla panel. I punched a piece of the burgundy cardstock with the large oval punch and then folded it over the main panel. It filled in the space nicely. I added a piece of pink taffeta ribbon on top. The scallop piece was run through the swiss dots cuttlebug folder.

This is the other they made in my class. I just love this stamp and the way this card came together. I sponged more mustard on the petals, then chocolate chip on the middle part. I inked the leaves with an old olive marker and stamped the image. The grass stamp was inked with an old olive ink pad and stamped over the top of the flowers (it was stamped twice to fill in the space). When this was done, it needed "something else", so I sponged in the clouds. I was going to do a tutorial for this, but the pictures came out blurry and I didn't want to post them. I will do this tutorial soon. It's very easy with a scalloped circle or oval. It's mounted on baja breeze, chocolate chip, and more mustard, and I used the ticket corner punch and placed brads in the corners.

This last card is one I made for one of the ladies in my stamp class. She gave me a jar of "freezer jelly". I guess you can freeze it for a few months or it keeps in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It was strawberry and was very delicious! So I pulled out my Tart and Tangy SU set and PTI's Green Thumb set for the sentiment. The sentiment is stamped on a Spellbinder tag. I also used my rectangle scallop nestability and cuttlebug folder for the embossed package. I just trimmed it down to fit. The dp is SU's Summer Picnic. I just love the certainly celery and red with this paper! I also added stickles to the strawberry, but it doesn't show up much in the picture. The ribbon is something I picked up at one of the craft stores.

Well, that's it! I'm not leaving a recipe for these cards. If you need more info, just let me know! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gosh, Lisa, I have missed you & your postings....I have been busy too and haven't posted anything for several days. If I can just make it to Thursday! These cards are lovely! I love that Parisian summer-looks totally different in the catalog!
LeAnne

diane zechman said...

I love all 3, Lisa! Lovely cards!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin