Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Time Template Challenge

This is the first My Time Template Challenge in Lauren's new lineup of challenges. She challenged us to use one of her templates, make it a birthday gift, and include the color purple and a butterfly. Well, I think I managed to get all of these requirements into my project today! Here's what I came up with using the My Time Purse-onality Clutch template.

I know I've said this before, but when Papertrey Ink and Lauren first launched these templates, I thought I'd never find a use for them! Well, I'm eating my words, because these are so FUN to make! I'm enjoying one better than the other each time I use them! Here's another look at it.
I think what I like about them is how cute and compact they are! I started by finding this dp in my stash. I found it in a stack pack of papers from Scrapbook Wizard. I must have picked it up on sale at AC Moore a while ago, because I don't even remember this stack! It matched beautifully with SU's Lavender Lace. I decided to stamp this little butterfly (from Verve Visual called Petals and Stems) repeatedly around the base of the purse in Versamark, then embossed it with clear ep. I then used a larger version of the same stamp (also by Verve Visual called Fluttering By) for the closure. I stamped it in Lavender Lace, carefully cut it out, and added purple rhinestones to the body and smaller ones to the antennae. I then attached a Basic Grey magnet (boy those things sure are strong and stick to EVERYTHING!) behind the butterfly and one on the purse so it would stay closed. For the handle, I used another piece of Lavender Lace and I added a piece of PTI's Plum Pudding stitched ribbon. I attached the handle to the top of the purse with silver brads. So simple, but so cute!

Now for the birthday part of the challenge. I was shopping at Coldwater Creek the other day, and saw these key chains in all different shapes...sunglasses, a drink glass, a shoe. I kept digging because I thought there had to be a butterfly in there, and there was! Perfect gift for my niece. This butterfly can also hang from a backpack, which the kids all love! So here's the full gift.I just added some purple shredded filler to the inside and I was done! What a cute way to present a gift! If you feel like trying one of these out, why don't you join our challenge? Just link your project to Mr. Linky on Lauren's blog and use the code MTTC02 if you post to SCS or another forum. We'd love to see what you can do with these templates! You may want to check out what the other girls on the My Time Design Team have done for some inspiration, too! Here is a collage peek of what they've done! Thanks for stopping by!
Alicia
Dana
Dawn
Jennifer
Kendra
Kristin
MacKenzie
Maria
Odette
Pam


Recipe
Stamps: Petals and Stems and Fluttering By (Verve Visual)
Paper: Neenah white, lavender lace, Scrapbook Wizard dp
Ink: Lavender lace, Versamark
Accessories: Clear dp, PTI plum pudding stitched ribbon, red-line tape, crysals, brads, Basic Grey magnet

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, what an adorable little clutch! Love that butterfly from Verve too :)

Deborah said...

I love how the purse came out. I seriously am thinking about buying the template now. Thanks for enabling. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Lisa, what an adorable purse!!! I have been eyeballing this template....hehe...think you've pushed me over the edge!!

Maria said...

This is fantastic! I may have to get that template next. Great job!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh Lisa, this turned out so pretty! LOVE that you used a magnet to keep it closed...I'm thinking of doing something like that with one of her other templates :O) This is absolutely adorable! I better get out the credit card...I think I'm buying three more templates today.

Have a great weekend, lady :O)

Kristin

Dawn B. said...

Lisa this is soooo cool. I love the colors you chose. Great idea... TFS

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is just so so cute. It is one of my most fave templates - I've used it about a dozen times already. That keychain is so perfect too! Love that paper, too. Very springy and fun.

Tamara said...

I haven't used Purse-onality clutch, but I might just have to give it a try. Great work on this challenge.

Lisa Brown said...

This is precious, Lisa! Love it!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! This is so darn cute and pretty. Love the colors and the gorgeous butterfly! You really rocked the challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful gift packaging idea! And you did a great job of finishing and embellishing it.

Swedie

diane zechman said...

very sweet gift, Lisa! Love the purple and dp you used!

Katie Cotton said...

this is just adorable!!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

HOLY MOLY! You know I LOVE butterflies!! THis is so pretty, and that keychain is SO LAUREN! LOL! I love it!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Super cute Lisa! I love your butterflies all over and the ribbon detail on the handle really finishes the purse off. I'm with you on the BG magnets...they are GOOOOD stuff!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable!

Katie Cotton said...

this is so sweet! Fantastic job!

LeAnne said...

Very sweet, Lisa! I have resisted these templates so far, but every one I've seen is just wonderful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin