Sunday, July 5, 2009

Raindrops & Rainbows - PMS Sneak Peek Day 4

Today is day four of the Paper Makeup Stamps sneak peeks. Today we have another digital set that is called Raindrops and Rainbows. This set, with the exception of the umbrella, was designed by our own DT member, Shaela Odd. It's a great set of made up of five quotes, the umbrella, a couple of clouds, and a rainbow. I used the umbrella and the quote with the rainbow. This quote and rainbow are also included in the set individually. Shaela really did a fantastic job with her first set! This is what I came up with.
Everyone on the east coast has been complaining about the rainy weather we've been experiencing, so I thought this card was so appropriate! It reminds me of the commercial where the guy says, "No rain, no rainbow!" I used Basic Grey's Lime Rickey dp...it's full of fun colors! I took the colors from the paper and matched up copic markers to color the rainbow and outline the letters. Since this is a digital set, I couldn't change the colors (or if there is a way to do it, I don't know how!), so outlining it was a good way to get some color on the words. I added Star Dust stickles on the clouds, rainbow, and rain drops. I also printed out the umbrella on the white cardstock and then again on the Lemonade dp also by Basic Grey. The dp is a 6" square and wouldn't go through my printer, so what I did was, using removable tape, I adhered it to a sheet of copy paper and then sent it through the printer. I was then able to cut out the top of the umbrella to paper piece it onto the image printed on the white cardstock. Where there's a will there's a way, right? I then put the stickles on that as well. I made the umbrella a tag, which wasn't what I envisioned for this card, but the images were too big for my original layout on an A-2 size card, so I had to make a 5.25" square and make a tag. It all worked out because then I could tie my ribbon to the tag. Did you notice the umbrellas on the ribbon? I knew this ribbon would come in handy some day! Lastly, I added a red dew drop in each corner. Very simple card, and I love the colors! It would brighten anyone's day!


I hope you visit the
PMS blog and the DT blogs located on my sidebar. They once again have some fabulous creations to share with you. As a reminder...please stop by on Tuesday for our final peek, blog hop, and release party. I have the information posted on the top of my sidebar. We hope to see you there. On Monday, we have our usual Monday Challenge, so make sure you stop by again for that as well! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Digital Image: Raindrops and Rainbows (PMS)
Paper: Neenah white, Lime Rickey and Lemonade dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Baja Breeze
Copic Markers: B00, 02; Y08, 18; R35; YG07
Accessories: Star dust stickles, ribbon, dew drops, nesties, circle scallop punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow Lisa, that looks incredible. I love the paper you used. That tag looks so awesome - perfect ribbon. I love how you gave the quote your color! I can get the whole quote to change from black to one other color but I need to get a tutorial on how to change individual letters or words :)

Tina said...

Wow! Love all the details and that gorgeous paper. Oh and the ribbon too, so cute!

Shaela said...

omgosh, I NEED some of that ribbon, lol! Great card, Lisa - you totally rocked this set!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin