Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just Us Girls Challenge

It's another Saturday and another challenge from Just Us Girls. Today, Pam Imholz has challenged us to do a flap card. You can find a great tutorial on SCS here. They are very fun to do and are very petite! So cute! I just purchased this dp from My Mind's Eye called Bloom and Grow from my LSS. I just loved the colors! I paired it with apricot appeal and old olive. I chose this image from Our Daily Bread called I Am the Way. I purchased this Easter set last summer because of this lily. I love Tiger Lillies. My dh gave me some when we were first dating, and I've loved them ever since. I even had some in the flower arrangements for our wedding! Anyway, I colored the flower with copics and added some yellow and star dust stickles on it. The flap was cut with the new Labels 13 nesties and embossed it with an embossing folder. It's held closed with magnets from Basic Grey. I made this into a sympathy card (I need about four of them unfortunately). The sentiment is from PTI's With Sympathy. I stamped the flower image in the corner and swirled some Apricot Appeal around the edges of the white panel.

The JUGs girls have some really great flap cards to share with you on the
JUGs blog. Stop by to get some inspiration, then do one yourself and play along. Here are links to the girls' blogs....stop by and say hello!

Thanks for stopping in today! Have a great weekend!

Recipe
Stamps: I Am the Way (Our Daily Bread), With Sympathy (PTI)
Paper: PTI white, apricot appeal, old olive, Bloom and Grow dp (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, apricot appeal
Copic Markers: YR0000, 02, 04, 07;YG00, 11, 45; Y15
Accessories: Nesties, embossing folder, magnets, ribbon, yellow and star dust stickles

10 comments:

Shaela said...

beautiful card - this is some of my favorite dp and I'm hording it, haha!

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is beautiful - elegant through and through - love the bit of embossing on the flap and your coloring - DIVINE! Your tiger lilies just shine - I need to practice highlighting. Great great job with the flap card. :-) Thanks for being a shining JUG! (LOL)

Maria said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring on the flower is wonderful and I love the stitiching! Fabulous job!

Dana Gustafson said...

Wow Lisa! You have such a way with coordinating your stamped images with your standard DP. I am always blown away with your amazing coloring. The shape variation on the flap is very elegant too.

Unknown said...

Such a soft and gorgeous card, Lisa!! Love the embossing on the flap and those flowers look so real.. fab coloring!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! That Tiger Lilly looks amazing! I remember those growing wild everywhere in Buffalo! Don't see them here in Phoenix :( Beautiful sample of the flap fold technique!

Monique said...

Beautifully done!! That flower is gorgeous :)!!

Kathryn B said...

Such a beautiful card Lisa. I like how you made your flap and your colors are so pretty and that Lily is gorgeous. The inside with that PTI sentiment is just as beautiful.

Cheryl said...

This card is a show stopper, Lisa! I just love the Apricot withe the MME paper. Your stitching is excellent, and your coloring on the lily, OH MY, is all I can see! Stunning!

Davi said...

The shape of your flap, texture, dp and the beautiful lily combines to make a fabulous card!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin