Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just Us Girls - Sketch Challenge #27

Hi everyone! Are you getting ready for your Easter celebration or just getting ready to enjoy your weekend? I know I am with the very warm temperature here in Buffalo. Everyone and their brother was out today in their shorts and sandals! The pedicure chairs were hot today!

I'm back with another Just Us Girls post today. These are my favorite challenges - the sketch challenge! Kristin has a great one today.
Lovely sketch, isn't it? I love the scallop treatment on the bottom. I changed mine up a bit.I still have the scallop, but I doubled it up and put it on a base instead of making it a free-standing scallop bottom. I think it still qualifies, right?

I was surfing around last week and found this digi at Sassy Cheryl's. It's called Funky Bunny and I just thought it was so cute! I colored it with copics and added some Liquid Applique to its tail. Before I heat set it, I sprinkled some super fine glitter on it. I also added star dust stickles to the dots on the ribbon. The base of the card is So Saffron, as is the ribbon. The image and mat were cut with nesties. I love that mat shape because you can put a round image within it.

So do you like the sketch? Wanna play? Need some inspiration? Well stop by the JUGs blog and the DTs individual blogs for more inspiration.


We are also welcoming Sue Lelli as our April Featured Designer today! So happy to have her join us! So stop by the JUGs blog and play along!

I'd also like to bid a fond farewell to our JUGs girl, Tracey Cuccia. She has decided to step down because she's a little bit on overload with a full-time job, a fabulous family, and other DT work. I'm sad she is leaving our JUGs team, but happy that she will have more time with her family. I'm happy to call her my friend! Best wishes, girlfriend!

Now for some housekeeping: Don't forget about the little give away I have going on here until Tuesday. Make sure you check it out. Also, tomorrow begins the first day of peeks for the Paper Makeup Stamps April release, so make sure you stop by again tomorrow and thanks for stopping in today!

11 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa - I loved this the second I saw it in the group folder - gorgeous colors, adorable stamp, beautiful coloring as always. Have a blessed Easter and enjoy the warm weather. :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a darling image Lisa & you colored it so flawlessly! Lovin' the spring colors! Enjoy your Easter celebration with your family & Happy Easter :)

Unknown said...

This is just darling, Lisa!! Love the colors and the adorable image and your coloring is fabulous as always!! Happy Easter weekend!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so cute and springy! I love that little bunny.

Shaela said...

beautiful card - love the soft colors!

Unknown said...

Lisa - This is adorable -- I ♥ the nesties you used too ;). lol Great minds. That bunny is super cute!! It's been AWESOME being on the team with you - and I will most certainly be around :) Thanks friend!!

Maria said...

Fabulous! Love the double layered scallops! And that bunny is adorable!!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the way you did the bunny tail! LOVE the double scallop. And REALLY LOVE the funky bunny you colored! FAB Easter card!

Tina said...

This is gorgoeus Lisa!

Cheryl said...

Love the pretty Easter colors with your great sketch! Cute bunny, too!
I did a card yesterday for the sketch!

Andrea M said...

Great Easter card Lisa!!! Love it! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin