Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just Us Girls #33 - Color Challenge

Hi everyone! The Just Us Girls color challenge is being hosted by me this week. I thought with Memorial Day coming in just two weeks, I'd choose patriotic colors. I also just found out, from reading LeAnne's post, that today, May 15th, is Armed Forces Day! How perfect to honor our armed forces with these great colors!
I love red, white, and blue. And the addition of kraft is such a fun option! Here's what I did.I chose these colors a while ago, so I was on the hunt for a great image and paper to work with. I found this image (by Whipper Snapper called Grill Sergeant) at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, and decided it was perfect. What better way to start off the summer months than with grilling? I printed the sentiment on my computer on the kraft paper since I did not have one that fit the bill! (Gotta love technology!) The paper is by Magnolia Ink (the same company that makes the Magnolia Tilda and Edwin images). Again, a perfect find! One sheet is blue with white dots (sort of covered up) and the other is the striped red and white. I added a touch of the ribbon and the patriotic stars.

The JUGs girls have really knocked it out of the ball park this week with their challenge cards. You can see them on the JUGs blog and on their personal blogs.


Hope to see you playing with Just Us Girls! Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

woohooo! What a great color challenge LIsa! And your grillin guy is adorable ! I love it! I am so ready for some summer BBQs.

Mona Pendleton said...

This card is so much fun! Awesome job with the coloring & love the Patriotic ribbon & star embellishments :) Thanks for the great color challenge this week!

Tracy said...

I think I was with you when you bought those ingredients! Super job on your card!

LeAnne said...

I loved this challenge, Lisa! Your card cracks me up---what a fun image!!!

Kathryn B said...

This is too cute! I love your image and how you distressed the red and white strip.It reminds me of an old flag! So cool! Great colors this week!

Cheryl said...

Fun card and challenge, Lisa! Love your little Grillmaster!

Great pic or AF1 too! They saw it fly over at Dave's work. It's huge he said!Exciting stuff!

Sam said...

Hi Lisa. Thanks for a great color challenge this week. Awesome job on your own challenge. Great masculine card. Grillin' or braaing as we refer to it in South Africa is like a national sport over here (rain or shine).

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is FABULOUS _ love that chef! What a fun card and a great color challenge! Thanks for hostessing again :-) Hugs and good luck end of year.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin