Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pretty Palette #24

Well I've finally finished my Pretty Palette card for this week.  It's a little late, but better late than never, right?  I've been busy working on the new release from My Time Made Easy which you will start seeing on Wednesday.  Release day is Thursday, September 1st!  (OMGosh it's almost September!)  Since I'm not ready to give up summer and head back to my classroom, I decided to choose these fun, bright, summery colors!

 
Since I was running late, I had to ditch my original plans for my card and go with a simpler design.  The image is actually from the Blooming with Elegance digital paper.  This image is the only image on the sheet.  I just changed the colors to match the challenge colors.  The damask is from the Dainty Damask digital paper and the sentiment from All a Flutter stamp set.  The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch and I used another punch on the melon strip for some interest.  I added silver beads to the butterflies and flower centers as well.  The sketch is from Clean & Simple's Fall to Layouts.  I just love these simpler designs!  (And I just noticed that I didn't follow the sketch very well, did I?)

One of the reasons I was so late with this card was because I spent all day Saturday with my friend Cheryl Rowley at the Stamp Scrap Art Tour (a rubber stamping show).  We go every year and I always swear that I'm not going to buy much...but guess what happened?  You got it...I spent more than I've ever spent!  Our LSS, Buffalo Stamps and Stuff, was one of the booths there and my credit card was smokin' at that booth!  Sharon, the owner, has such a great feel for what's new and exciting in the stamping world and her store is always chock full of great inspiration and products!  We were at the show from 10-5...the entire length of the show!  Needless to say, I was exhausted, but managed to drivet myself to our cabin for the overnight!  That country air put me out cold!

So back to the Pretty Palette challenge.  The girls have some great inspiration for you and we have our three new design team members joining us for the first time this week.  Stop by the My Time Made Easy blog to see!  Here are links to their blogs, too.

Our newest members:
and

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

Recipe
Stamps:  All a Flutter (MTME)
Paper:  Neenah white, Dainty Damask and Blooming with Elegance (MTME), melon mambo
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Martha Stewart butterfly punch, EK success border punch, corner rounder, silver pearls

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! Can't wait to see what goodies you got! Gorgeous card Lisa!

Romaine said...

Sounds so fun! I hope you can post your purchases! Lovely card, I just love the damask paper collection!

velta said...

Hi Lisa ~ I am loving this card! I just printed these papers for the next challenge because the colors are perfect...I spent time learning GIMP...took me a while, but I am learning! Thanks so much for inviting me into this group...I am having so much fun...and hope to get better with each post!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin