Saturday, September 22, 2012

Just Us Girls #155 - Inspiration Challenge

Hi JUGs fans!  We have a fabulous inspiration photo brought to us by Marisa!  Isn't this a great photo?  I just LOVE the colors!
Here's a bigger picture of the inspiration photo so you can see it better.
 
Here's how I used the inspiration photo to spark my creativity.  First of all I focused on those great colors.  I used chocolate chip and cherry cobbler from SU.  The dp is also from SU, a retired pattern paper called Parisian Breeze.  Then I looked at some of the elements within the photo:  flags, squares/diamonds, stars, numbers, and baby elements.  That comforter really caught my eye.  I knew I had the Hexagon Die from Papertrey Ink, so I pulled that out and the Banner Builders die set from PTI as well and went a-craftin'!  I cut the main hexagon panel out of chocolate chip and cut various hexagons from the cherry cobbler and several patterns from the pattern paper and then fit them into the open spaces, varying the colors/patterns.  I added the blue ribbon and three flags tied together with chocolate/white baker's twine.  The sentiment is from Tending the Garden by My Time Made Easy stamped in red ink.  Love this one!

The JUGs design team has some other great inspiration for you as well.  Check out these blogs.
 
JUGs blog
Elise Durenberger
Lynn Mangan
Marisa Ritzen
Vicki Dutcher

I hope you can play along with us!  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Hannelie said...

Hi Lisa!
i LOVE your take on the inspiration picture... a beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card, Lisa!! You used the colours in the insp. picture to perfection!! Great job!

Lynn said...

I LOVE this! Way to use all those fabulous patterns in the hexagons...simply divine!

Cheryl said...

Great card, Lisa! I love the colors, patterns and you've captured the inspiration photo perfectly!!

(Check out Tracy's blog-they're moving!!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin