Saturday, September 7, 2013

Just Us Girls #205 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  Time for a new challenge from Just Us Girls.  This week is our sketch challenge and the ever talented Vicki created this great sketch that can be interpreted any way you want!

I was in a very fall mood today.  It's chilly and rainy here in Buffalo, NY and I am in my fleece top and sweats!  Ah, fall!  Love it!  It's just a great day to chill and stamp, which is what I did.  It was a busy week with school starting and getting up at 5:00 everyday (and sometimes earlier).  I had to wait until this afternoon to create my challenge card(s).

I was thinking about this Tim Holtz stamp set called Mini Blueprints last week and thought I'd pull it out to create some fall cards.  The first one is a leaf I colored with copics and added some Wink of Stella shimmer to.  I added some tea dye and vintage photo distress inks on the image when it was still in the die.  The background paper is from Fall Prints and Patterns by Papertrey Ink.  I added some texture to the paper with Tim Holtz's new stencils.  I used burlap with scattered straw ink and stripes with tea dye ink.  

On this one, the acorn was also colored with copics and some Wink of Stella shimmer was added to it.  I used the same pattern paper and this time used dotted fade stencil with vintage photo ink then stripes stencil with wild honey ink.  This card could definitely fit in the masculine category!

Stop by the JUGs blog and design team blogs for more inspiration.

JUGs blog
Maria Levine
Marisa Ritzen
Nancy Leppek
Tangii Crain
Vicki Dutcher

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Mini Blueprints (Tim Holtz); Autumn Foliage (Inkadinkadoo)
Paper:  Fall Prints and Patterns (PTI), vintage cream, X-Press It Blending Card, dusty durango, early expresso
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Memento tuxedo black, tea dye, vintage photo, wild honey, scattered straw distress inks
Accessories:  Spellbinder dies, jute ribbon, Prima crystals, Tim Holtz stencils:  burlap, dotted fade, stripes

Photobucket

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful cards!! :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous times two :) Loooove fall cards!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh these are fabulous! Love that background also~

diane zechman said...

Great masculine cards, Lisa! Way to bring on the fall colors!

Nancy said...

Lisa....Love both of these cards!! The backgrounds looks solo cool. You can tell you love fall and it shows in these creations!!! Beautiful!!!

Elise said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, THESE are GORGEOUS! {I think I have to have those stamps now!} Great job! OMG! Sooooo fallish and wonderful... I'm sad I missed all the fun last week. You crafty lil' thing: you radiate beauty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin