Sunday, June 22, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #30 - Photo Inspiration

Happy Sunday everyone!  Did you enjoy your first day of summer?  It was a pretty day here!  I'm here with a Christmas card on this beautiful summer day!  This week over at Christmas Card Challenge we have a photo for your inspiration.  
 
I was inspired by the red and gold and the pretty gold ornaments.  I hunted through my stash of Christmas stamps and came across this oldie but goodie.  I stamped it in Versamark on water color paper and embossed it in gold.  Then I water colored it with red distress ink.  Before mounting it on dimensional tape, I spritzed the background paper with gold shimmer and added the gold star sequins.  The sentiment was also embossed in gold.
 
Want to see more inspiration?  Visit these blogs to see what the fabby DT came up with.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Ornaments (Great Impressions), Happiest of Holidays (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah, white, Tim Holtz water color paper, gold shimmer paper, real red
Ink:  Versamark, festive berries distress ink
Accessories:  Gold embossing powder, Heidi Swapp gold color shine, star sequins, dimensional tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

Gerrina said...

It is a great card, but I will be enjoying summer first,,, I.m off outside; the sun is shining and it is lovely with 20degrees! Hugs, Gerrina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin