Saturday, June 18, 2016

Just Us Girls #348 - Color Week


It's Color Week over at Just Us Girls and Ina has chosen a fun color combo!
 
I just got this flower set from MFT  this week and thought it would look good in these colors.  I colored them with copics...I tried watercoloring with Zig markers, but it just wasn't working today.  I was going to leave the top part of the card plain, but I just couldn't!  That ever happen to you?  I ran it through an embossing folder for some texture.  Lots of sequins on this one too!
 
I used this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I realized my sentiment is in the wrong place!
 I'm also entering this into the MFT Camp Create-Delightful Die Cutting Challenge.
 Print
You can see more from the JUGs DT and our June guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Funky Flowers (MFT), Simple Little Things (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, DeLovely (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versamark, copic markers
Accessories:  Funky Flowers dies (MFT), swiss dots embossing folder, sequins, white embossing powder, star dust stickles, fun foam

Photobucket

16 comments:

Chris Dring said...

White space makes me all itchy too! LOL! This is a fabulous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card - love those flowers

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love that PP you used and that pretty flowers in those awesome colors! Who cares, that you put the sentiment elsewhere - I think its perfect where you put it! Thanks for having me as guestie!

sandie said...

I think this looks fab Lisa, love that flower set and I think the top embossing looks great. I like the hot pink/turquoise combo but not so sure at the mustard with these but think I am going to give it go-have a good weekend x

Nancy said...

Hubby asked me the other day...why my card had so much white space. LOL I think this is sensational! Loving that striped paper too!

Pat said...

This is a great card! I LOVE white space, do not itch at all when I see it! lol This turned out quite nice, love the sequins. Hugs, Pat

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the texture and your use of the challenge colors. Beautiful flowers and card!

Bobby said...

That DP ties in so well with your flowers, Lisa. And I do like that you added the embossing above it.

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful use of that new stamp set, and yes, I am forever adding some texture with an embossing folder. It just seems to finish it off. I love how this card turned out, and coloring the leaves with turquoise is genius!!!

Maria said...

This is fantastic! So cool to find pattern paper that works with it as well! Great job.

Karren said...

I love this flower set and really wanted to get it when it was released, but I had to leave something out of my cart and this was it :) You've made a gorgeous card that is making me regret my decision... :) Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Gerrina said...

What a crisp and fresh-looking card! Beautiful!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! Your flower and leaves are gorgeous. Love the texture and stripes together. Love how the white on black sentiment just pops on this.

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, I love this colorful card! The stripes on the bottom are perfect with that flower. And I love the textured background. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ina G said...

Love how this is so cas and that flower is coloured beautifully. Nice touch with the striped background and sequins. So very pretty.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty. Love those bright summery colors. The striped background looks great.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin