Thursday, August 18, 2016

Time Out Challenge #64 - CASE

Hi friends!  For our challenge this time over at the Time Out blog, we were challenged to CASE a card.
 
This is the fun card we are CASE-ing by Julia Alterman.  So much inspiration to take away from it!

I went pretty literal my card. (And so did my teammate Joyce!  Our cards are almost identical!)  First I worked on the background.  I watercolored the sky on watercolor paper using Distress inks.  Then I die cut the frame from pattern paper.  I did some die cutting for the clouds, plane, and banner then stamped the image and banner.  The clouds were covered with sparkle and I added the Nuvo dots.  The frame was adhered onto the watercolor piece with fun foam.  The plane and banner are on dimensionals too.  
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest, Jenny, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Take Flight (Clearly Besotted)
Paper:  Recollections white, watercolor paper, Pen Pals dp (Pink Paisley)
Ink:  Real red, nautical blue (Memento Luxe), salty ocean, broken china, and tumbled glass Distress inks
Accessories:  Take Flight dies (Clearly Besotted), rectangle frames (MFT), trio clouds (MFT), Nuvo Crystal Drops, Spectrum Noir crystal clear, fun foam

Photobucket

6 comments:

Gerrina said...

The border looks so beautiful and great how you got so much movement by using dimension foan! Hugs, Gerrina

Lynn said...

Love your striped frame. Fantastic Lisa!!

sandie said...

Fabulous water coloured sky and really like that the red just pops against this x

Anita in France said...

Whimsical, cute and so fun, Lisa ... that watercolour sky is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Jill V said...

I love the depth you created with the watercoloured sky - it goes perfectly with the super-cute stamped airplane! You will smile when you see my card next week - I made it before I saw yours and Joyce's - I swear!

Jenny Colacicco said...

I think for a CASE card it is perfectly fine to be literal!! Lovely card, the airplane is super cute and you really captured the fun of the original card. Thank you so much for having me over at Time Out, I really enjoyed myself

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin