Thursday, November 10, 2016

Time Out Challenge #70 - Home Sweet Home

Hi all!  It's Home Sweet Home challenge over at the Time Out blog.  We give you a picture of a room in a home to be inspired by.
 
 Here's the lovely picture the girls chose for this challenge.  Lots to be inspired by!
 
 I went for the pink and kraft colors in the photo as well as the pattern on the mirror.  I tried to find a stencil close to it and this was as close as I could get.  I sponged pink distress ink through the stencil then cut it down.  I stamped the sentiment (my favorite one of all time for sympathy cards) in kraft ink.  I then stamped the flower in three different inks using the MISTI to help align the three different stamps.  The leaves were stamped in the kraft ink also.  The flower and leaves were die cut and added to the card.  I had some pretty sequins to match the colors.  This panel was added to a vanilla base.
 
You can see more inspiration from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Hazel, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sympathy Calligraphy (Paper Inspirations), Beautiful Brushstrokes (PTI)
Paper:  Very Vanilla
Ink:  Spun sugar distress ink, kraft
Accessories:  Beautiful Brushstrokes dies, Texture Tessatina stencil (Memory Box), sequins, fun foam
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anita in France said...

Soft and so lovely, Lisa ... serene and delicate ... and such a lovely sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

Gosh Jill went with the mirror too and I hadn't even noticed it! Great inspiration idea and I just love the soft feel of this card and perfect stamping x

Unknown said...

Lisa, thank you for having me guest with you at TOC this month! I love the composition and soft palette of this card. Such a beautifully expressed sentiment too.

Gerrina said...

So elegant and soft! What a stunning card! Hugs, Gerrina

Unknown said...

Very gorgeous card Lisa ! So delicate with those soft colours ! Very beautiful showcase of the inspiration photo ! Thanks for sharing.
Izzy Scrap

Jill V said...

Great card Lisa - the soft pink lattice is a wonderful take on the photo - you definitely captured the soft feel of the scene! Lovely design! Jill

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin