Saturday, April 8, 2017

Just Us Girls #388 - Trend Week


Hi friends!  I'm a little late to the game here, but better late than never!  I usually make my cards on Friday nights because it's just a nice way to unwind from the long week.  It relaxes me!  But last night at the last minute, I went out with friends and didn't make it home until midnight! So my card was made this morning!
 
Sue chose multi-step stamping for this week's Trend Week challenge at Just Us Girls.  Love this trend!
 
I found this brand new multi-step stamp set on my table and just had to use it!  I stamped it in yellow and orange inks.  I matched it up with this pretty gingham pattern paper (that I have so much of, but hardly ever use anymore).  I die cut the square frame and mounted the flowers on the square panel in the middle.  The frame was mounted flush with the card base and the middle part was popped up.  I sprayed the frame and middle panel and flowers with shimmer spritz.  I added some pretty sequins to finish it off.
 
My layout came from this week's Fusion challenge, however I left off the banner.  Even my colors follow the photo from their challenge.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our April guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Petunia Builder (WP9), Etched Easter Blessings (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, Chicken Scratch Gingham (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, lemon tart, ripe avocado (PTI); melon, orange peel, willow (SSS)
Accessories:  Petunia Builder dies (WP9), Single Stitch Line Square Frame die (MFT), sequins, dimensional tape, Shimmer Spritz

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa, this is beautiful and well worth the wait! Those flowers are gorgeous and I love how you paired them with the big gingham.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful Easter card - love that added gingham

Anonymous said...

Oh this is soooo gorgeous!!! SO sunny and springy!

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Easter card...your stamping is impeccable!

Ina G said...

So pretty Lisa. Love the springy colours and the gingham. Beautiful!

Judy Woodland said...

What a wonderful, springy, cheerful card!!! I not only love the flowers, bu that gingham patterned paper is perfect. This is simply beautiful!!!

cm said...

A lovely arrangement of flowers; the yellow/orange makes for an eye-catching peach colour that I'm completely crushing over! May I ask what brand your inks are? I'm searching for an orange ink....Pairing your floral panel with the gingham: marvelous! So glad you shared your creativity in the FUSION gallery!
~carol

Bobby said...

Those morning glories (or are they petunias?) are lovely, Lisa, and I love how you arranged everything on your card.

Bobby said...

Congratulations on your win at Fusion, Lisa.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin