Friday, May 19, 2017

Casual Fridays Challenge #174 - Sketch

Hi friends!  There's a new challenge over at Cas-ual Fridays and it's a sketch challenge!  I love sketches!
No automatic alt text available.
 
Although I have to admit this one was a challenge for me!  Not in what I wanted to do, but it was lining up those envelopes and coloring them that gave me trouble!  I first tried using the MISTI, but that was a bust.  Then I just stamped them and used my eyes to line them up and that worked better.  But the copics weren't behaving on the Neenah cardstock I have so I changed to the copic paper (can't remember the name!) and that worked like a charm.  I colored the envelopes in rainbow order then cut it down to about a 3.75" square.  I stamped the sentiment on vellum, embossed with clear embossing powder, and wrapped it around the main panel.  That was added to the desert storm base on fun foam.  I added shimmer to each heart and some sequins.
 
You can see more from the Cas-ual Fridays design team on the Cas-ual Fridays blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Happy Mail (Cas-ual Fridays)
Paper:  X-press It Blending card, desert storm, vellum
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, sequins, Spectrum Noir shimmer, sequins, fun foam


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin