Saturday, July 8, 2017

Just Us Girls #401 - Trend Week

Hi everyone!  This week is Trend Week at Just Us Girls.  Nancy chose ink blending, which is oh so hot right now in stampland!
 
I was excited about this challenge because I just received the new colors of Distress Oxide inks and couldn't wait to break them open.  I love the new colors that were released.  On this card, I started with picked raspberry, twisted citron, and peacock feathers blended on white cardstock.  I used this new die on another piece of white cardstock, leaving a spot for the sentiment, and adhered it to the inked background.  I die cut the sentiment and stamped "friend".  The heart is one of the pieces from the flowers colored with a copic marker.  This panel is mounted on a melon mambo cardstock mat then that is mounted on the base with fun foam.  I sprayed the panel with Spectrum Noir shimmer and added Nuvo Crystal Drops in green, pink, and blue.  I'm pretty happy with this card.  It came out just as I pictured!  That doesn't happen too often.  :-)
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Best Banners (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, melon mambo, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, picked raspberry, twisted citron, and peacock feathers Distress Oxide inks
Accessories:  Floral Burst Collage die (SSS), Best Banners die (Concord & 9th), Nuvo Crystal Drops, Spectrum Noir shimmer, fun foam


Photobucket

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun! Love the colorful background

Macimbalo said...

Love how your gorgeous blending peeks through all those cute flower petals! So pretty!

Ina G said...

This is a really beautiful card Lisa. Lovely colour combination and great finish with the different coloured flower centres.

Nancy said...

If I had only waited another week or so I would have gotten this group of Oxides instead! Still bummed about that! Maybe at Christmas I will leave a hint to my family! LOL Your card is Stupendous! I am going to have to get out my cover plates and give this a try! Love Love Love it!

Lynn said...

Love how bright and vibrant these are. So beautiful Lisa!

Maria said...

Super cool! Love that overlay on the blended colors looks fabulous peeking through. Nice job.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great blending with those Oxide inks and I love the floral die cut background is so cool. I really was trying to resist getting the new Oxide colors, but after seeing this I think I need them now.

Bobby said...

After seeing this I want those new colors even more, Lisa. Your card is so lovely.

Judy Woodland said...

Well this is just fabulous, that is all!! I love the idea of mounting the die cut over the blended background. That is just genius!!!!

Katherine Thayer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Thayer said...

I love the design

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin