Saturday, May 5, 2018

Just Us Girls #439 - Word Week

Hey there!  We have a great word for Word Week over at Just Us Girls.  Sue has chosen the word "shadow" as the word.  Lots of opportunities for inspiration!
 
I happened to come upon an older video from Jennifer McGuire and she did a technique that she called shadow stamping.  I have to admit that I shamelessly cased her cards!  To make this technique work, you need a layering stamp set.  I used this set from Simon Says Stamp/WPlus 9 called Many Thanks.  I put the first layer in the MISTI and stamped it with white pigment ink.  Then I turned the cardstock around and stamped it again.  Then I placed the second layer onto the first (after the ink had dried) and stamped it with a coordinating ink to match the cardstock.  So you get the white ink as the shadow, a lighter color that was stamped over the white ink with the colored ink, and a darker ink color.  Here I used Calypso Coral cardstock and Tutti Frutti ink.  Each card has a different sentiment stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  Clear crystals finished them off.
 
Here I used Parrot ink and Lucky Limeade cardstock.

 
Here's one with Bermuda Bay cardstock and ink.

 And this last one uses Melon Mambo cardstock and ink.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new May guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Many Thanks (SSS/WPlus9), Birthday Greetings and Deepest Sympathy (MFT), Magnolia Wreath (C&9th)
Paper:  Recollecions white, melon mambo, bermuda bay,  lucky limeade, calypso coral
Ink:  Versamark, melon mambo, Bermuda bay, parrot, tutti frutti, fresh snow
Accessories:  MISTI, stitched rectangle die (MFT), white ep, crystals, fun foam 


8 comments:

cm said...

A quartet of lovely 'shadow' technique cards, Lisa! You've taken Jennifer's technique and infused it with your special touches, which makes these all the more special! Four people will be mega smiling when these beauties arrive in their mailbox!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

So pretty and so many lovely color versions! I can't decide which one I like best - LOVE them all! Great shadowing!

Ina G said...

The stamp set you used here is fabulous Lisa. Love the result you got shadowing them. Gorgeous array of colours. I'm a Calypso Coral fan so that's my favourite!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa, these are all amazing! I love all of the different color variations and perfect shadow stamping!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Not shameless at all to CASE the Guru! That is why she makes those videos :) -- Your cards all turned out fabulous

Bobby said...

CASEing Jennifer was a good thing, Lisa, right down to making multiple cards in different colors. When you find a design that works, why not. They all look terrific.

Patti said...

Hi Lisa I think I remember sharing with you once that I was born and raised in Lockport!! : ) I hope your winter was not too dreadful this year brrrr!!

LOVE your beautiful collection of cards I think I saw this video as I researched my card for this challenge too! Your cards look better than Jennifer's!! : )

Nancy said...

These are incredible! I have to give this a go, especially with a Misti to help with placement! I love all of these but the green one really jumps out to me personally! Excellent job you over achiever you! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin