Thursday, July 5, 2018

Time Out #113 - Inspired by Words

Hi everyone!  It's time for a new Time Out inspired by words challenge.  I love this quote.
 
I had a difficult time deciding what to make for this challenge.  It was so hot out and I don't have central air.  It was cool in my basement where my craft room is, but it was so stuffy!  I just needed to get something done quick!  This was a fairly quick card to make.  I just got this rainbow die last week.  I die cut it from white cardstock first, then used scraps to die cut the rainbow.  The cloud was sponged with distress inks.  I adhered the cloud/rainbow and then the frame on top of that.  The word die was die cut four times and stacked then adhered to the panel.  Everything was spritzed with shimmer.  I added the crystals for more sparkle.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Amanda, on the Time Out blog.  Our sponsor for this challenge is Funky Fossil Designs.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, black, rainbow scraps
Ink:  Tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks
Accessories:  Rainbow Panel (Waffle Flower), smile die (Lil' Inkers), shimmer spritz, crystals



5 comments:

sandie said...

What a fab design Lisa and love the bright rainbow colours bursting out of the cloud. Super sunny take on the quote x

Nonni said...

This looks great, Lisa! I think working with a rainbow was the perfect choice for "smile" -there isn't anything much more beautiful than a rainbow, it makes everyone smile! Great details here too. xxx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I'm with Nonni. A rainbow always produces a smile. I love this card. I especially love the inking on the cloud and the added sparkle. x

Joyce said...

Sweet rainbow below the clouds.

Anita in France said...

Who couldn't smile at a rainbow, Lisa ... this one's deliciously bright and shimmery ... fabulous peeking out from the fluffy cloud! Hugs, Anita :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin