Saturday, January 25, 2020

Just Us Girls #520 - Photo Week

Hi all!  It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls, and Vicki has chosen this pretty butterfly photo to inspire us.
 
Aren't those butterflies in the inspiration photo beautiful?  I thought the best way to get something close to those would be to use alcohol pearl inks.  I started with a panel of alcohol ink cardstock and added blue and purple alcohol pearl inks along with blending solution.  I used a straw to move the colors around.  Then I added some silver mixative and more blending solution and used the straw again to move the silver.  I hated cutting into that panel because it was so pretty!  But I did anyway.  I die cut the solid butterfly from this panel and the intricate one from black cardstock and adhered them together.  I also die cut the body of the butterfly from black cardstock and adhered that to the completed butterfly.  Then I stamped the border in black ink and adhered the butterflies (the bottom one is adhered directly to the white base and the top one is adhered with dimensionals).  I added a black mat and some purple crystals to finish the card.

Here is a tilted shot so you can see the shimmer of the alcohol pearl ink as well as the silver mixative.  It's so pretty in person!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our January guests, Hannelie and Mary, on the JUGs blog.  I'd like to thank them both for the beautiful cards they submitted to our challenges this month!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe

Stamps:  Border stamp (Stampers Anonymous), Brushstroke expressions (MFT)
Paper:  Alcohol ink cardstock, C. Pooler cardstock, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, silver mixative, alcohol pearl inks:  villainous and celestial
Accessories:  Stitched rectangles (MFT), Vivienne and Darla butterfly dies (Memory Box), crystals, craft foam, dimensionals
 

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Alcohol Ink butterflies! Such a great idea! This card is gorgeous!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous! I love the shimmer on those butterflies and that stamping on the background is a perfect accompaniment to show them off. Beautiful design!

cm said...

How clever and gorgeous your alcohol-ink butterflies! LOVE your card! I need to remember that I have a few alcohol inks in my collection; need to give them some attention!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love this card! You have inspired me to get my alcohol inks out!

Ina G said...

Looooooooooooove those butterflies Lisa. I too need to get my alcohol inks out again. Just got to get outside to do so before it gets too hot. Love the flourish on the side and great layering. Truly beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous pp of color against the neutral bg!

Sue Lelli said...

OOOOH! I LOVE your shimmering butterflies!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, what an awesome card! You did a stunning job to create these butterflies.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin