Saturday, September 23, 2023

Just Us Girls #698 - CAS Week

 
Just Us Girls has a new challenge this week.  It's our CAS week challenge and Sue is our hostess.  She has added the subject SPORTS for a focus or theme.

I was a bit stumped thinking I didn't have anything sports related when I recalled some golf themed stamps/dies I have.  I chose this golf bag stamp and die set I had purchased at a stamp show a few years ago.  When I pulled out the die I realized it was two dies.  One cuts out the entire bag and the other the front pocket so you can layer them.  I colored it with copic markers and added the pearl for the snap on the pocket and some shimmer on the golf clubs.  For the background (I forgot it was CAS this week...I thought it was our word week...oops) I stenciled an argyle pattern.  Argyle for me is associated with golf!  The sentiments are from a Gina K golf set and I added them around the bag.

You can see more from our JUGS design team and our October Guest, Stephanie Lanzalotto, on the JUGs blog.

This is Stephanie's last week with us and it was so nice having my former Time Out teammate joining us on Just Us Girls.  Thanks for the beautiful cards Stephanie!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Golf Bag (The Artful Stamper), Golf Diva (Gina K)
Paper:  White
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, sky blue, seaside, grassy knoll, copics
Accessories:  Golf Bag die (The Artful Stamper), stitched rectangle (MFT), layered argyle stencil (Pretty Pink Posh), pearl, shimmer


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I bet you know many golfers who would enjoy this fun card

Carol said...

Great idea with the plaid background and the colors you chose!!!!! Great sports card!

Lisa Elton said...

This is cute and I love the fun argyle background!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the background for your fun card. Love the "keep calm" sentiment along with HBD! I have so enjoyed being GD with you and your team. Thanks so much for having me!

Nancy said...

I love these colors and the entire card, Lisa! Awesome job!

Ina G said...

Love the colourful golf bag and what a perfect background Lisa. Great sports card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your golf bag and clubs and that sentiment is perfect! Love the argyle background, which is the perfect background for a golf card!

Bobby said...

That is a great golf bag stamp, Lisa, and I love how you colored it to match the argyle. Or the other way around. ;)

cm said...

You found a real gem in your stash with your golf bag. Super cool - and the argyle is the perfect matching background!
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin