Saturday, September 6, 2008

Birthday Fishes

Hi everyone! It's been too long since I've posted something. School started for me. It's back to work...enough said! My time is LIMITED! Anyway, I made this card for my nephew Ethan who celebrated his 4th birthday last week! Bad aunt, I know! I got this stamp from Rubbernecker and his name is Sammy. Let me tell you how I got this stamp. I was on Linda's blog, Linda's Works of Heart, and she asked the question "are you glad school is back in session, and if yes, why?" Well I responded "no, because I'm a teacher and have to go back to work", which doesn't leave much time for stamping! Well, I was randomly chosen. I saw that I had won a day or two after Linda posted that I was the winner, but I still didn't know what the heck I won! Turns out I won a $10 shopping spree at Rubbernecker! Cool, huh? I got a bunch of stamps and went over the free $10 two-fold, but I'm in love with this one! I chose this especially for Ethan because last week my DH took him fishing for the first time. He had so much fun and caught four fish! Here is a picture of Ethan with the little bass he caught (of course Lizzie had to be in the picture too!).
I started the card by choosing my dp. I knew I had some fish paper, and my DH chose this one. I took the green, blue and brown colors from the paper. I matched up the copic markers to the paper and colored away. I find these markers are so fun and soothing to color with. The final product looks so professional, and believe me I'm not a pro by any means! I also used the Spica silver glitter pen on his button and the fish hook in his hat, red glitter pen on the feather, and clear glitter pen on his cheeks. I placed the main image in the corner so some of the fish could still be seen...Sammy is a pretty big stamp! The "birthday fishes" is from PTI's Pond Life sentiments. It was perfect for this card. I stamped it then punched it out with the small oval and layered it on the large oval. The dew drops were the perfect color and looked like bubbles. I got these at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff. Here is the inside of the card. I hope Ethan likes his card. I also hope he forgives me for getting it to him so late! Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow I should have a tutorial for you. See you then!
Recipe
Stamps: Sammy (Rubbernecker), Pond Life and Pond Life Sentiments (PTI), All Year Cheer II (SU)
Paper: River rock, always artichoke, whisper white, Paper Adventures by Carolyn Holt Designs
Ink: Adirondack black, always artichoke, river rock, baja breeze, copic markers
Accessories: Spica glitter pens, dew drops, punches: ticket corner, small and large ovals, twine, dimensionals, mini glue dots

1 comment:

diane zechman said...

very cute! Congrats on winning!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin