Monday, March 30, 2009

PMS Monday Challenge!


The PMS Monday Challenge today is to make some kind of Easter basket. If you go to the blog, you can see some of the great baskets the DT team has made.

I used Lauren Meader's basket template for this (found at PTI) and SU's retired Afternoon Tea dp. I just cut the paper to 8.5" x 11" and printed the template on the back side of the dp. After cutting it out, I assembled it according to the instructions. I used the butterfly from the PMS set Buggy Sayings. I used a technique Marianne Walker taught us in her copic certification class. I believe it's called feathering (I don't have my notes with me to make sure that's the technique!). You use two colors for this technique, one on the top and another on the bottom. Your marker is layed down darker at the beginning of the stroke and it sort of feathers out at the end. The lighter colors meet in the middle. I then took the blender marker and blended them together where they meet so it really looks like one color blends seamlessly into the other. After I did this, I added Sky Blue and Celery Shimmerz paint for the shine effect! Wild Wasabi stiched ribbon was tied around the basket, and I added turquoise glitter dots around the perimeter of the opening. I had some white grass filler to add to the inside of the basket and a cute ceramic robin's egg that I made eons ago when I was into ceramics! (Wow, that's a blast from the past!) It was perfect for this project. I used the reverse side of the dp for the handle. I planned on using an edge punch for a more decorative handle, but I attached the handle before I remembered to do it! Does this happen to you or is it just something that only happens to me? Make sure you hop on over to the PMS blog to see what the others have done, and we'd love to see your creations as well! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Buggy Sayings (PMS)
Paper: Afternoon Tea (retired SU), PTI white
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers: G24 & B02
Accessories: Basket template (PTI), glitter dots, wild wasabi stitched ribbon, dimensionals, paper grass, ceramic egg

5 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Lisa this is so cute. I love the way you colored the image. Super paper you chose. Great job..

Kim said...

Lisa, that is so pretty - I love the way you colored the butterfly!

Meli Palmer said...

I think I already said it but I am going to say it again...just so pretty!

Katie Cotton said...

This is just so darling! Fantab job!

Crystal said...

Super fab...and yes it happens to me all the time....LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin