Monday, January 18, 2010

Charity Stamp for Baylee

Paper Makeup Stamps (Katie Cotton, owner) has always had a soft spot for children and families in need. There have been several charity stamps created for these families by PMS during its one year existence. Today, we have another. I don't have a card created for this image yet, but I can share the image with you.I'm going to use Katie's words to share a story with you about a sweet young girl, Baylee, for whom this image was created:

"Recently, Paper Makeup Stamps was contacted by 2 friends (Carole Chesser and Ashley Newell) about a sweet girl named Baylee Tadlock. At the age of 9 months, Baylee was diagnosed with Leigh's Syndrome. Leigh's Syndrome is a metabolic-mitochondrial disease. The family was told to expect Baylee's life to be only of about 2 years. That she would never walk, talk, sit up or even crawl. But Baylee was a fighter and a lover of life! She loved to ride horses! She loved Disney and Princess Ariel. Baylee recently went to be with our Lord on January 9th at the age of 13. You can read all about Baylee, her too short life, and her family's amazing faith at www.adreamforbaylee.com

One of our illustrators, Diem Pascarella drew this wonderful image. All proceeds from the sale will go directly to the Tadlock family. They have set up a scholarship fund in Baylee's name with http://projectride.org. Project Ride is a program giving therapeutic recreational horseback riding instruction to children and adults with special needs. PMS is designating the funds for the Tadlocks to use as they need."

So please go to the PMS website to purchase this image. You can go the PMS blog to see the wonderful cards created by some of the DT with this image. Thanks so much for stopping by today.

2 comments:

FibreJunky said...

Thank you for sharing the story. I hope to see one of your beautiful cards soon!

Juanita B said...

This is a dynamic stamp! I LOVE it and I will purchase it.

I discovered your blog today by coming from somewhere else (sorry, I can't remember the blog name). Your work is magnificent and is an absolute blessing for me.


I found my way to your Aug. 31, 2009 post about the wedding cake and OH MY GOODNESS, it's joy for my eyes. Your cake is SUPER FABULOUS. I don't know why you don't bake as a business but it must have been a good reason because you are soooooooooooo creative and talented. I LOVE the brides red shoes. TFS.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin