Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fairy Whimsey Color Throwdown #77

Happy Sunday everyone! I have changed my Artful INKables posting day to Sunday. My previous posting day of Thursday just wasn't happening for me lately. I have more time on the weekends to do my cards. So Sunday it is!

I decided to use the current Color Throwdown colors. Great combo and it really helped get the creative juices flowing for me today!
Our Artful INKables DT memeber, Jen Pahoulis, did this tile tutorial on the AI blog recently, and I decided to use it. I had done this once before and really liked the outcome. It's nice to come back to a technique you haven't done in a while. Here's what I came up with. I used an AI set called Fairy Whimsey. There is a fairy in the set, but I chose to use the flower and the butterflies. I have to confess that I accidentally grabbed Bravo Burgundy paper and matched my copics to it to color the flower and butterflies. I realized my error and had to restamp and color the flower. I just colored over the butterflies because the parts were so small. I tried that with the flower, but just got a dark, muddy color! It just never goes smoothly!

To get the tiles, I just loosely measured the flower and butterfly stamps and then cut my 5" x 3 3/4" piece of white card stock accordingly to fit those two stamps. Then I cut the remaining pieces randomly. Each piece was sponged with Baja Breeze to get the "grout" look. I secured them to the eggplant piece and then onto my celery base. I used the Martha Stewart butterfly trio punch to get the butterflies...one in each color. There are green crystals adhered to the middle of each one. I bent them to get some dimension. I also added stardust stickles to the butterflies and the flower for some sparkle.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. I really appreciate your comments! Please join me on Tuesday when I'll be participating in the Paper Makeup Stamps Birthday Bash blog hop. PMS turns 2 on February 2, and there will be some partying going on. See the announcement on the top left side of my blog. Click on it and it will take you to the PMS forum, which is where the party will be happening Tuesday night! See you then!
Recipe
Stamps: Fairy Whimsey (AI)
Paper: PTI white, certainly celery, elegant eggplant, baja breeze
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, baja breeze
Copic Markers: BV08, 17; B52, 95; YG03; G40; W-3
Accessories: MS butterfly trio punch, crystals, stardust stickles, sponge dauber

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

The colors are beautiful and your card even more so! I clicked and got the large version! Awesome coloring a the sparkle is a real wow!
Neat card!
Have a good week! C.

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful, Lisa!!! I like this technique and the colors are perfect! Thanks for playing!

dj said...

Oh so very pretty!! thanks for playing along with the CTD challenge!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin