Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just Us Girls - A Color Challenge

Saturday...my favorite day of the week! The beginning of the weekend and time for another Just Us Girls challenge. This week is a color challenge, and Maria has a lovely one for us today.When Maria first told us her colors, she said, "ivory, chocolate, and coral with a touch of raspberry" I thought it sounded like it would make a great drink! :-) But instead of making a great drink, I made this card. I thought the colors had a sort of vintage feel, so I picked up this Crafty Secrets set called Sweet Kids. I looked through my dp and chose SU's Raspberry Tart. It had the coral and raspberry colors I needed in it. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch and was on my way. I also used this lucious chocolate satin ribbon from SU (retired). (I don't like the way my card photographed. I don't know why I couldn't capture the colors better!)

If you want more inspiration, go to the JUGs blog. The girls really have some fabulous designs for you! You can also visit their personal blogs here:


Thanks for stopping in today. Have a great a weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Sweet Kids (Crafty Secrets), Background Basics Text Style (PTI), Inkadinkadoo sentiment
Paper: PTI vintage creme, chocolate chip, Raspberry Tart (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, chocolate chip
Copic Markers: E00, 02, 08, 11, 15, 21, 53; R0000, 20, 21, 22; RV13,14; YG0000, 91; W-3
Accessories: Nesties, pearls, satin ribbon, start dust stickles, scallop border punch, dimensionals

13 comments:

LW said...

Your card is beautiful!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh I LOVE it Lisa! I'm not even attempting to play with this week's Mojo (too much layering kills me! lol), but you rocked this sketch girl
!!!

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa I recognized the Mojo sketch immediately before I read your post - FAB job with that sketch - I'm with Iwona - too many pieces for me this week. Adorable image - love your coloring as always. :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Holy Smokes Lisa! This card is beautiful! You did an awesome job coloring that sweet Vintagey image & I am with Pam & Chupa - great way to rock both challenges!

Monique said...

Wowza I love it!! What a wonderful job you did coloring..

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL AND SO MOJOLICIOUS - Lisa!!! Hugs ~S~

Maria said...

Beautiful card! Love that image. Fabulous job with the colors, it does sound like a cool drink! LOL!

Dana Gustafson said...

Aww Lisa! YOu have such a way with coloring such sweet images. I really like the graduated pearl accents too. ANd sidenote, I thought the colors sounded like dessert...food on the brain I guess!

Canda said...

Beautiful card! I love all of the details and you did a great job on the coloring :)

Heather Rogers said...

That little girl is just adorable! Yu did an awesome job combining both challenges. I thought the Mojo sketch looked a little wild for me too....looks like you had no problem. :D

Kathryn B said...

Your layout and image are adorabe Lisa!

Cheryl said...

This does have avintage feel and it is everything you described! Love the variegated sized pearls! Your coloring is perfect and great use of the sketch!

diane zechman said...

This is SO PRETTY!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin