Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rethinking My 1st PMS Card

Paper Makeup Stamps is celebrating their 1st birthday all month, and one of the things they are showcasing on the PMS blog is the DT's first PMS card, then a remake of it. We are sort of casing ourselves! The stamps that drew me to PMS was their Beautiful Day Fairies, illustrated by Diem Pascarella. They are just so beautiful and I ordered the first four that were released in their first release immediately. Chelly with Lucky Clover was the first card I created with these fairies. She's also available in digi format here if you like digi images. Here's my original card. This was done before I attended the Copic certification class and before I had all the colors I have now. I think this is one of the cards I submitted to Katie for the DT call. I'm happy she liked it and chose me to be on her DT!


Now here is today's remake of this card. I think I like it much better!I like to think my coloring is better on this one! I changed it up a bit using a new Martha Stewart punch in place of the ribbon. I think it sort of looks like Irish lace. The pretty dp is from SU's All Flock Together (I think that's the name!). I cut and embossed the main image with a rectangle nestie and swirled some Sahara Sand ink around it while still in the die, something I really enjoy doing lately. In place of the crystal butterfly, I used My Time Made Easy's butterfly from All a Flutter set (which also comes in digi format). The sentiment is from PMS set Fairy Sentiments (kind of crooked now that I look at it). I added some crystal clovers in the corners (too much? hmmmm....).

The bell in the photo is one I purchased on my trip to Ireland in 1994. I just loved that trip...the country is so beautiful and the people are so friendly! I have very fond memories of that trip!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my PMS journey. It's a fun place to work! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Michelle VP said...

Love the changes you made to your first card. It's nice to see how your coloring has evolved and I like the lacy look of that punched strip of paper. :)

Cheryl said...

My how you've grown, grasshopper! Love both cards, really! The "lace" on the new one is wonderful as is your coloring!
The porcelain is beautiful! I have always wanted to travel to Ireland!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin